Kidney transplantation or renal transplantation is the organ transplant of a kidney in a patient with chronic renal failure or some renal tumors. The main types are cadaveric and living donor transplant. In the former, the kidney originates from a deceased person. In the latter, the kidney is being donated by an organ donor.

GoldBamboo

An organ transplant is the transplantation of a whole or partial organ from ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Related Treatments

Kidney Transplantation Treatment

1-2 of 5   more...
Laxative Medicines
... Why would I need to take laxative medicine? One of the common side effects of transplant medicines is constipation. If constipation becomes a problem for you, your doctor can recommend an over-the-cou...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Kidney Donation Surgery
... When will I be admitted into the hospital? Generally, the kidney donor is admitted to the hospital on the morning of the scheduled surgery. Shortly after, you will be prepared for surgery. The recipie...

Kidney Transplantation Support

1 of 1
Evaluation Tests for Potential Kidney Donors
... Can I be a kidney donor? Any normal, healthy adult with two normal kidneys can be a kidney donor. Your blood type will be the main factor in determining who can receive your kidney. What blood tests a...

Kidney Transplantation Other

1-2 of 15   more...
What is a Kidney Pancreas Transplant
... Combined transplantation of the kidney and pancreas is performed for those who have kidney failure as a complication of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (also called Type I diabetes). Kidney and pa...

Kidney Transplant Procedure
... Where does your new kidney come from? Kidneys for transplantation come from two sources: living donors and deceased (non-living) donors. Living donors are usually immediate family members or sometimes...

Kidney Transplantation Articles

Resources