Diabetes mellitus is a medical disorder characterized by varying or persistent hyperglycemia (elevated blood sugar levels), especially after eating. All types of diabetes mellitus share similar symptoms and complications at advanced stages. Hyperglycemia itself can lead to dehydration and ketoacidosis. ...

GoldBamboo

Diabetes mellitus type 1 is a form of diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes (f ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Juvenile Diabetes Articles

• Alternative Devices for Taking Insulin
    ... Many people who take insulin to manage their diabetes inject the insulin with a needle and syringe that delivers insulin just under the skin. Several other devices for taking insulin are available, an...
  • Medicines for People With Diabetes
    ... Instructions This resource is designed to be used with forms that you can print out and personalize to meet your individual needs. If you do not have a printer, you can contact the National Diabetes I...

Juvenile Diabetes Other

1-2 of 18   more...
Gastroparesis and Diabetes
... Gastroparesis, also called delayed gastric emptying, is a disorder in which the stomach takes too long to empty its contents. It often occurs in people with type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes. Gastrop...
Source: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases

Prevent Diabetes Problems: Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
... On this page: What are diabetes problems? What should I do each day to stay healthy with diabetes? How can diabetes hurt my teeth and gums? How do I know if I have damage to my teeth and gums? How can...

Juvenile Diabetes Other

1 of 1
Complementary and Alternative Medical Therapies for Diabetes
... The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, part of the National Institutes of Health, defines complementary and alternative medicine as a "group of diverse medical and health care...

• Centers Report Islet Transplant Results in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes
    ... Researchers from 12 medical centers in the United States and Canada, who have performed islet transplants in 86 patients with type 1 diabetes, published their results today in the first annual report ...
  • Depression and Diabetes
    ... Symptoms of Depression Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activitie...
  • Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT)
    ... The DCCT is a clinical study conducted from 1983 to 1993 by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). The study showed that keeping blood glucose levels as close to...
  • Diabetes Overview
    ... Almost everyone knows someone who has diabetes. An estimated 18.2 million people in the United States--6.3 percent of the population--have diabetes, a serious, lifelong condition. Of those, 13 million...
  • Diabetes Prevention Program
    ... The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) was a major clinical trial, or research study, aimed at discovering whether either diet and exercise or the oral diabetes drug metformin (Glucophage) could preven...
  • Diagnosis of Diabetes
    ... Diabetes is a disease in which blood glucose levels are above normal. People with diabetes have problems converting food to energy. After a meal, food is broken down into a sugar called glucose, which...
  • Financial Help for Diabetes Care
    ... Diabetes treatment is expensive. According to the American Diabetes Association, people who have this disease spend an average of $13,243 a year on health care expenses. Many people who have diabetes ...

Resources