Hiatus hernia or hiatal hernia is the protrusion (or hernia) of the upper part of the stomach into the thorax through a tear or weakness in the diaphragm.

GoldBamboo

Hiatus hernia or hiatal hernia is the protrusion (or hernia) of the upper p ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Hiatal Hernia Symptoms

1-2 of 4   more...
Signs and symptoms
... Most small hiatal hernias cause no problems at all. But larger hernias can contribute to heartburn and sometimes to belching or chest pain — common problems associated with gastroesophageal refl...
Source: MayoClinic

Causes
... Your chest cavity and abdomen are separated by your diaphragm — a large dome-shaped muscle that''s responsible for a good part of normal breathing. Your esophagus passes into your stomach throug...

Hiatal Hernia Treatment

1-2 of 3   more...
Complications
... Sometimes a hiatal hernia becomes so large that as much as one-third or more of your stomach protrudes through your diaphragm. This can exert pressure on your lungs or diaphragm. In addition, some lar...

Treatment
... If you don''t have any signs or symptoms from a hiatal hernia — and most people don''t — you probably won''t need any treatment. But if you''re experiencing recurrent gastroesophageal refl...

Hiatal Hernia Other

1-2 of 5   more...
Hiatal Hernia
... What is a hiatal hernia? Any time an internal body part pushes into an area where it doesn''t belong, it''s called a hernia. The hiatus is an opening in the diaphragm -- the muscular wall separating t...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Q&A: Hiatal Hernia
... I am a 55-year-old male who is about 30 pounds overweight. Lately I’ve been experiencing frequent heartburn and have an acid taste in the back of my throat. My wife says it’s probably a hiatal hernia....
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Hiatal Hernia Articles

Resources