Oral health means more than healthy teeth and the absence of disease. It involves the ability of individuals to carry out essential functions such as eating and speaking as well as to contribute fully to society.

GoldBamboo

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Oral Health Other

1-2 of 3   more...
Prevent Diabetes Problems: Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
... On this page: What are diabetes problems? What should I do each day to stay healthy with diabetes? How can diabetes hurt my teeth and gums? How do I know if I have damage to my teeth and gums? How can...
Source: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases

Oral Health
... Oral refers to the mouth, which includes the teeth, gums, and supporting tissues. It is easy to take your oral health for granted, but it is key to living each day comfortably. These tissues allow you...
Source: National Women's Health Information Center

Oral Health Treatment

1-2 of 8   more...
First Aid for Dental Emergencies
... Things that need emergency dental and/or first aid care include: Broken tooth Knocked-out tooth Fractured jaw Abscess tooth (inflammation and/or infection in the bone and/or the tooth''s canals) Tooth...
Source: HealthWorld

Fractured Jaw
... Jaw fractures can result from: Car accidents Sport and other recreational activity injuries Osteoporosis, the brittle bone disease (see page 363) Signs and Symptoms Jaw pain, swelling, or numbness Not...
Source: HealthWorld

Oral Health Articles

• Fluoridated Water
    ... Virtually all water contains fluoride. In the 1940s, scientists discovered that the higher the level of natural fluoride in the community water supply, the fewer the dental caries (cavities) among the...
  • Oral Health
    ... Oral refers to the mouth, which includes the teeth, gums, and supporting tissues. It is easy to take your oral health for granted, but it is key to living each day comfortably. These tissues allow you...
  • Prevent Diabetes Problems: Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
    ... On this page: What are diabetes problems? What should I do each day to stay healthy with diabetes? How can diabetes hurt my teeth and gums? How do I know if I have damage to my teeth and gums? How can...

Resources