Superbug can be stopped - News
Doctors: Superbug can be stopped
Thu, 08 Feb 2007 06:44 PM EST
... Hospitals can stem the alarming spread of a dangerous and drug-resistant staph infection by screening new patients and keeping them quarantined, say doctors who tried this novel approach. ...
- Hearing Impairment
- Youth Violence
- Brain Diseases
- Smell and Taste
- Other Topics
- Pregnancy Test
- Enoxaparin Injection
- Breathing food contents into the lungs, which can cause pneumonia
- Brain surgery can completely remove the tumor in most cases.
- Eye muscle problems that may require several surgeries, which can have complications
- Amphotericin B can cause kidney impairment and severely unpleasant side effects.
- Invasive lung disease can cause massive bleeding from the lung.
- Stroke, if clots break off and travel to the brain (drugs that thin the blood such as heparin and warfarin can reduce the risk)
- Deformity of the hand or arm, mild to severe, which can lead to contractures
- Too many steroid injections over a short period of time can cause injury to the surrounding tendons.
- Surgery and radiation can cause problems withÂ sexual, bowel, and bladderÂ function.
- Organ failure can occur if sepsis develops
- Much lower red blood cell production (aplastic crisis) caused by a viral infection, which can make anemia worse