A digestive disease that is caused by an immune response to a protein called gluten, which is found in wheat, rye, barley, and oats. Celiac disease damages the lining of the small intestine and interferes with the absorption of nutrients from food. A person with celiac disease may become malnourished no matter how much food is consumed.

GoldBamboo

Coeliac disease or celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder of the small bo ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Celiac Disease Symptoms

1-2 of 5   more...
Signs and symptoms
... There are no typical signs and symptoms of celiac disease. Most people with the disease have general complaints such as intermittent diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloating. Sometimes people with celiac...
Source: MayoClinic

Causes
... Normally, your small intestine is lined with tiny, hair-like projections called villi. Resembling the deep pile of a plush carpet on a microscopic scale, villi work to absorb vitamins, minerals and ot...

Celiac Disease Treatment

1-2 of 3   more...
Complications
... Left untreated, celiac disease can lead to several complications: Malnutrition. Untreated celiac disease can lead to malabsorption, which in turn can lead to malnutrition. This occurs in spite of what...

Treatment
... Celiac disease has no cure, but you can effectively manage the disease through changing your diet. Once gluten is removed from your diet, inflammation in your small intestine will begin to subside, us...

Celiac Disease Support

1 of 1
Coping skills
... Living with celiac disease isn''t always easy. Every day can be a challenge. Over time, however, managing your disease will become second-nature. In the meantime, these suggestions may help you manage...

Celiac Disease Other

1-2 of 9   more...
Digestive Diseases and Nutrition: Questions and Answers
... My doctor recommended I talk to a registered dietitian about following a fat-controlled eating plan to control my chronic diarrhea. I don’t understand how changes in my diet can help me. Please explai...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Gastrointestinal References
... This listing is provided for your reference. The information provided by these organizations is not necessarily endorsed by The Cleveland Clinic Web Sites Celiac Disease www.icondata.com/health/pedbas...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Celiac Disease Articles

• Celiac Disease
    ... Celiac disease is a digestive disease that damages the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. People who have celiac disease cannot tolerate a protein called gluten, wh...
  • Digestive Diseases Dictionary
    ... This dictionary defines words that are often used when talking or writing about digestive diseases. It is designed for people who have digestive diseases and their families and friends. The words are ...

Resources