Zavesca is used to treat adults with mild to moderate type I Gaucher disease. Zavesca is only used in patients who cannot be treated with enzyme replacement therapy. Zavesca has not been studied in children under 18 years of age.

Type I Gaucher disease is an inherited disease that you get from both your parents. People with Type I Gaucher disease are missing an enzyme that breaks down a chemical in the body called glucosylceramide. Too much glucosylceramide causes liver and spleen enlargement, changes in the blood, and bone disease. Zavesca may stop glucosylceramide from forming.

GoldBamboo

... MIGLUSTAT (Zavesca®) helps to prevent the reduction of a naturally occuring enzyme that is needed in your body to help with fat breakdown. It helps to keep normal blood levels of this enzyme, and it may help prevent your liver or spleen from getting big. Generic miglustat capsules are not yet available. ...
Drug Digest - more...

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Miglustat Other

1 of 1
Zavesca Consumer Information
... Zavesca is used to treat adults with mild to moderate type I Gaucher disease. Zavesca is only used in patients who cannot be treated with enzyme replacement therapy. Zavesca has not been studied in ch...
Source: U.S. Food and Drug Administration

Miglustat Articles

• Zavesca Consumer Information
    ... Zavesca is used to treat adults with mild to moderate type I Gaucher disease. Zavesca is only used in patients who cannot be treated with enzyme replacement therapy. Zavesca has not been studied in ch...

Resources