Colonoscopy (koh-luh-NAH-skuh-pee) lets the physician look inside your entire large intestine, from the lowest part, the rectum, all the way up through the colon to the lower end of the small intestine. The procedure is used to look for early signs of cancer in the colon and rectum. It is also used to diagnose the causes of unexplained changes in bowel habits. Colonoscopy enables the physician to see inflamed tissue, abnormal growths, ulcers, and bleeding.

GoldBamboo

Colonoscopy is the minimally invasive endoscopic examination of the large c ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Colonoscopy Procedure

1 of 1
Colonoscopy Questions
... I recently had a colonoscopy, and my doctor said they removed an adenoma during the procedure. Please explain what an adenoma is, as I’m very worried. An adenoma is a benign, or non-cancerous polyp or...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Colonoscopy Other

1-2 of 2
Colonoscopy Procedure
... What is a colonoscopy? Colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure in which the rectum and the inside of the lower large intestine (colon) are examined. Colonoscopies are commonly used to evaluate bowel di...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Colonoscopy
... The digestive system Colonoscopy (koh-luh-NAH-skuh-pee) lets the physician look inside your entire large intestine, from the lowest part, the rectum, all the way up through the colon to the lower end ...
Source: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases

Colonoscopy Articles

• Colonoscopy
    ... The digestive system Colonoscopy (koh-luh-NAH-skuh-pee) lets the physician look inside your entire large intestine, from the lowest part, the rectum, all the way up through the colon to the lower end ...

Resources

• Colonoscopy (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)
  • Colonoscopy (Cleveland Clinic)