Ramsay Hunt syndrome type I, also known as herpes zoster oticus, is a common complication of shingles. Shingles is an infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is the virus that causes chickenpox. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. Ramsay Hunt syndrome type I, which is caused by the spread of the varicella-zoster virus to facial nerves, is characterized by intense ear pain, a rash around the ear, mouth, face, neck, and scalp, and paralysis of facial nerves. Other symptoms may include hearing loss, vertigo (abnormal sensation of movement), and tinnitus (abnormal sounds). Taste loss in the tongue and dry mouth and eyes may also occur.

GoldBamboo

At least three separate diseases carry the name of Ramsay Hunt syndrome (RH ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Ramsay Hunt syndrome Other

1-2 of 3   more...
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome - Type I
... Synonym(s): Herpes Zoster Oticus What is Ramsay Hunt SyndromeType I? Ramsay Hunt syndrome type I, also known as herpes zoster oticus, is a common complication of shingles. Shingles is an infection cau...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Ramsay Hunt Syndrome Type II
... What is Ramsey Hunt Syndrome Type II? Ramsay Hunt syndrome type II, also called dyssynergia cerebellaris myoclonica, refers to a collection of rare, degenerative, neurological disorders characterized ...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Ramsay Hunt syndrome Articles

Resources