Depression - Article Depression/depressive Disorders
Look up depression in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Depression may refer to:
- Clinical depression, a medical condition identified by clusters of symptoms such as markedly-decreased mood, motivation, interest, energy levels, etc.
- Depression (mood), an everyday term for a sad or low mood or the loss of pleasure.
- Depression (geology), a sunken geological formation.
- Depression (economics), a longer-lasting and more severe economic downturn than a recession.
- The Great Depression, a severe economic recession in the 1930s.
- Depression (meteorology), an area of low atmospheric pressure associated with cyclones and weather fronts.
- Depression (physiology), a lowering, in particular a reduction in a particular biological variable or the function of an organ, contrasted to elevation.
- "Care Managers" Help Depressed Elderly Reduce Suicidal Thoughts (National Institutes of Health)
- 5-HTP:Nature''s Serotonin Solution? (HealthWorld)