Carcinoid tumors are noncancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant) growths that produce excessive amounts of hormonelike substances. Carcinoid tumors usually originate in hormone-producing cells that line the small intestine or other cells of the digestive tract. They can also occur in the pancreas, testes, ovaries, or lungs. Carcinoid tumors can produce an excess of hormonelike substances, such as serotonin, bradykinin, histamine, and prostaglandins. Excess levels of these substances can sometimes result in a diverse set of symptoms called carcinoid syndrome.

GoldBamboo

... Carcinoid syndrome is a group of symptoms associated with carcinoid tumors -- tumors of the small intestine, colon, appendix, and bronchial tubes in the lungs. ...
Google Health - more...

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Carcinoid Tumors Other

1-2 of 5   more...
Q&A: Carcinoid Syndrome
... What are the symptoms of carcinoid syndrome? One of my doctors thinks I might have it. What is it? If I have it, what is usually the prognosis? Carcinoid tumors are slowly growing malignancies (cancer...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumor Treatment
... A recurrent gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor is a tumor that has recurred (come back) after it has been treated. The tumor may come back in the stomach or intestines or in other parts of the body. The...
Source: National Cancer Institute

Carcinoid Tumors Articles