An inflammatory disease marked by the formation of granulomas (small nodules of immune cells) in the lungs, lymph nodes, and other organs. Sarcoidosis may be acute and go away by itself, or it may be chronic and progressive. Also called sarcoid.

GoldBamboo

Sarcoidosis (or sarcoid) is an immune system disorder characterised by non- ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Related Treatments

Sarcoidosis Symptoms

1-2 of 6   more...
How Sarcoidosis is Diagnosed
... Because the symptoms and laboratory findings associated with sarcoidosis can occur in other diseases, there is no single test that can diagnose it. However, the classic sign of the disease is the form...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Signs and symptoms
... Sometimes sarcoidosis develops gradually and produces signs and symptoms that last for years. Or it may appear suddenly and then disappear just as quickly. In either case, signs and symptoms can vary,...
Source: MayoClinic

Sarcoidosis Treatment

1-2 of 3   more...
Complications
... Sarcoidosis can lead to a number of complications, including: Lung fibrosis. Untreated pulmonary sarcoidosis can lead to irreversible scarring (fibrosis) of the tissue between the air sacs in your lun...

Treatment
... Doctors generally use the corticosteroid drug prednisone to treat sarcoidosis. Corticosteroids are powerful anti-inflammatory drugs that mimic the effects of hormones produced by your adrenal glands. ...

Sarcoidosis Other

1-2 of 10   more...
Sarcoidosis Treatment Options
... How is sarcoidosis treated? There is no cure for sarcoidosis, but the disease may get better on its own over time. Many people with sarcoidosis have mild symptoms and do not require any treatment at a...

Sarcoidosis FAQs
... If I think I might have sarcoidosis, what should I look for in selecting a doctor or treatment center? Because the signs and symptoms of sarcoidosis can resemble other diseases, the diagnosis of sarco...

Sarcoidosis Articles

• Neurosarcoidosis Information Page
    ... Sarcoidosis is a progressive multi-system disease that commonly affects young adults. Neurosarcoidosis refers to the neurological manifestations of sarcoidosis. Symptoms vary widely and may include fa...