Chondrocalcinisis; Gout and Pseudogout; Hyperuricemia; Pseudogout
Hyperuricemia is the presence of high levels of uric acid in the blood. The upper end of the normal range is 530 micromol/L (6 mg/dL) for women and and 619 micromol/L (7 mg/dL) for men.  Hyperuricemia is caused either by accelated generation of uric acid through purine metabolism or by impaired excretion in the kidney, or by high levels of fructose in the diet. Humans lack urate oxidase, an enzyme which degrades uric acid. Increased levels predispose for gout and (if very high) ren ...
Gout Clinical Trials
- A Study Evaluating the Effect of of Etoricoxib and Indomethacin in the Treatment of Acute Gout.
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00142558 - Active, not recruiting
- Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Febuxostat in Subjects With Gout
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00430248 - Active, not recruiting
- Safety and Efficacy Study of PEG-Uricase in the Treatment of Hyperuricemic Patients With Symptomatic Gout
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00325195 - Active, not recruiting
- A Study of Persons with Gout who Do Not Respond to or Are Allergic to Conventional Therapy
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00080210 - Completed
- Pegylated Recombinant Mammalian Uricase (PEG-uricase) as Treatment for Refractory Gout
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00111657 - Recruiting
- Febuxostat versus Allopurinol Control Trial (FACT) in Subjects with Gout
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00102440 - Completed
- Phase 3, Febuxostat, Allopurinol and Placebo-Controlled Study in Gout Subjects.
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00174915 - Completed
- Study to Assess the Long-Term Safety of Febuxostat in Subjects With Gout.
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00174941 - Completed
- Dose-Response, Safety and Efficacy Study of Oral Febuxostat in Subjects With Gout
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00174967 - Completed
- MPC-004 for the Treatment of an Acute Gout Flare
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00506883 - Completed
- Celebrex In Acute Gouty Arthritis Study
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00549549 - Not yet recruiting
- Validation Study of Physical Measurement of Tophi
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00175006 - Completed
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Subjects With Gouty Tophi
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00174954 - Completed
- Efficacy and Safety of Lumiracoxib 400 mg Once Daily in Acute Flares of Gout
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00170781 - Completed
Acute Gouty Arthritis
- Study of Allopurinol vs. Febuxostat in Subjects Completing the Phase 3 Trials C02-009 or C02-010.
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00175019 - Completed