Heart failure is a condition where the heart is not able to pump blood to the rest of the body at a normal rate. When the heart cannot pump all the blood it receives, excess fluid could back up into the lungs and other parts of the body. The lack of blood being supplied to the body in addition to the buildup of fluids causes symptoms of heart failure. When fluids collect in the lungs, it is called congestion. That is why this disease is called congestive heart failure.

GoldBamboo

Congestive heart failure (CHF), also called congestive cardiac failure (CCF ...
Wikipedia - [full article]

From the WEST  scientific·clinical

From the EAST  traditional·alternative

Related Other Topics

Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms

1-2 of 6   more...
How Heart Failure is Diagnosed
... To diagnose heart failure, your doctor will first ask you questions about your symptoms and medical history. Your doctor will want to know: If you have any other health conditions such as diabetes, ki...
Source: Cleveland Clinic

Signs and symptoms
... Heart failure typically doesn''t occur suddenly. It develops slowly, over time. It''s usually a chronic, long-term condition. The first and often only symptom may be shortness of breath. Signs and sym...
Source: MayoClinic

Congestive Heart Failure Prevention

1 of 1
Prevention
... The best defense against heart failure is the prevention of heart disease. You can control or eliminate many of the risk factors for heart disease — high blood pressure and coronary artery disea...

Congestive Heart Failure Treatment

1-2 of 15   more...
General Medication Guidelines for Heart Failure
... Medication needs vary for each person. Your doctor will work with you to find the best medications to relieve your symptoms and improve your sense of well-being. Remember, medications are intended to ...

What You Need to Know About Metoprolol
... Common brand names: Lopressor, Toprol XL Why is this drug prescribed? Metoprolol controls high blood pressure and heart failure but does not cure either condition. This medication is classified as a b...

Congestive Heart Failure Support

1 of 1
Coping skills
... Often people with congestive heart failure complain that they wake up tired because lying flat makes it harder to breathe, and their sleep is interrupted because of excess fluid or medications that in...

Congestive Heart Failure Other

1-2 of 19   more...
Heart Failure Exercise Guidelines
... Why should I exercise? Regular exercise has many benefits. Exercise, especially aerobic exercise, can: Strengthen your heart and cardiovascular system Reduce your heart disease risk factors, such as h...

General Guidelines for Coping with Heart Failure
... By making lifestyle and activity changes, you can take an active role in treating your heart failure and helping improve your health. Now that I feel better, when can I return to my regular activities...

Congestive Heart Failure Treatment

1-2 of 2
Congestive Heart Failure
... A common syndrome that may be caused by many different etiologies whose clinical manifestations reflect a fundamental abnormality - a decrease in the myocardial contractile state such that cardiac out...
Source: HealthWorld

Nutritional Program for Congestive Heart Failure
... When patients come to me for advice about specific medical problems, they usually have been told that they need medication or surgery, and they are seeking ways to avoid those treatments. Sometimes th...
Source: HealthWorld

Congestive Heart Failure Articles

Resources