Ecthyma is a variation of impetigo, presenting at a deeper level of tissue.
a bacterial skin infection characterized by microscopic, pus-filled blisters.
Ecthyma as related to Impetigo
- Impetigo and Ecthyma: Bacterial Skin Infections: Merck ...
Impetigo is a superficial skin infection with crusting or bullae caused by streptococci, staphylococci, or both. Ecthyma is an ulcerative form of impetigo.
- Ecthyma: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Ecthyma is a skin infection similar to impetigo. It is often called deep impetigo because it occurs deep inside the skin. Causes Ecthyma is most often ...
- Ecthyma - Diseases & Conditions - Medscape Reference
Ecthyma begins similarly to superficial impetigo. Group A beta-hemolytic streptococci may initiate the lesion or may secondarily infect preexisting …
- Impetigo Causes, Contagious, Transmission, Complications
What Is Impetigo? Impetigo is a highly contagious bacterial skin infection. It can appear anywhere on the body but usually attacks exposed areas.
- Impetigo and Ecthyma - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Information on Impetigo and Ecthyma with there causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ecthyma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ecthyma A more serious form of impetigo, called ecthyma, penetrates deeper into the skin — causing painful fluid- or pus-filled sores that turn into deep ulcers.
- Ecthyma. DermNet NZ
Ecthyma What is ecthyma? Ecthyma is a skin infection characterised by crusted sores beneath which ulcers form. It is a deep form of impetigo as the same bacteria ...