Azithromycin is the first macrolide antibiotic belonging to the azalide group. Azithromycin is derived from erythromycin by adding a nitrogen atom into the lactone ring of erythromycin A, thus making lactone ring 15-membered. Azithromycin is sold under the brand name of Zithromax and Sumamed, and is one of the world's best selling antibiotics. Azithromycin is used for the treatment of respiratory tract, soft-tissue and genitourinary infections.
Ear infection - acute as related to Azithromycin
- Ear infection - acute: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Ear infections are one of the most common reasons parents take their children to the doctor. While there are different types of ear infections, the most common is ...
- Ear Infection - Acute - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment of Ear ...
Article about Ear infection - acute. Includes illustrations and topical information provided by ADAM and Drugs.com.
- Ear infection - acute | University of Maryland Medical Center
Ear infection - acute. Toggle: English / Spanish. Definition. Ear infections are one of the most common reasons parents take their children to the doctor.
- Ear Infection - Acute Medications - Ear Infection - Acute ...
Otitis media (Latin for "inflammation of the middle ear") is the medical term for middle ear infection. Although several subtypes of otitis media are distinguished ...
- Azithromycin as Effective in Treating Ear Infections
Pfizer Inc said today that a new clinical study shows that a single dose of azithromycin for oral suspension (Zithromax) is as effective as amoxicillin/clavulanate ...
- Antibiotics Guide for Ear Infection, Tonsillitis, Sinusitis
Learn what antibiotics are used for ear infection, tonsillitis, strep throat, sinus infection, antibiotic resistance.
- Ear Infections - Treating Your Child's Ear Infections
Middle ear infections (acute otitis media) are a common cause for a visit to the pediatrician. In fact, about 20% of visits to the doctor for preschool age ...