Azithromycin is the first macrolide antibiotic belonging to the azalide group. Azithromycin is derived from erythromycin by adding a nitrogen atom into the lactone ring of erythromycin A, thus making lactone ring 15-membered. Azithromycin is sold under the brand name of Zithromax and Sumamed, and is one of the world's best selling antibiotics. Azithromycin is used for the treatment of respiratory tract, soft-tissue and genitourinary infections.
Ear infection - acute as related to Azithromycin
- Ear Infection - Acute - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment of ...
Learn what antibiotics are used for ear infection, tonsillitis, strep throat, sinus infection, antibiotic resistance.
- Otitis media: Antibiotics for Ear Infection - eMedExpert
Otitis media causes, symptoms and treatment options: wait-and-see approach, best antibiotics for ear infections.
- Middle ear infection Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and ...
Middle ear infection information including symptoms, diagnosis, misdiagnosis, treatment, causes, patient stories, videos, forums, prevention, and prognosis.
- Ear Infections - Acute Otitis Media - ENT USA
Advertisements Acute Otitis Media: The most common cause of fever is an acute ear infection or acute otitis media. This is an infection of the middle ear and ...
- Ear infection (Otitis) - symptoms, management, and treatment
Surgery. The standard medical approach to ear infections in children is antibiotics, analgesics, and/or antihistamines. However, if the ear infection is long-standing ...
- Ear infections | University of Maryland Medical Center
Ear infections Description. An in-depth report on the causes, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of ear infections. Alternative Names. Otitis media
- Middle Ear Infection - Children's Medical Group ...
Middle ear infection, or otitis media, is defined by the presence of inflammation, fluid, and pus involving the eardrum (tympanic membrane) and the middle ear space ...
- What is Ear Infection? - Ear Infection Definition - GoodRx
What is Ear Infection? An ear infection usually occurs in the middle ear. Symptoms of an ear infection includes ear pain, vomiting, diarrhea, hearing loss and fever.