Dilated cardiomyopathy or DCM, also known as congestive cardiomyopathy, is a condition in which the heart becomes weakened and enlarged, and ...
In medicine, chest pain is a symptom of a number of serious conditions and is generally considered a medical emergency, unless the patient is a known angina pectoris sufferer and the symptoms are familiar (appearing at exertion and resolving at rest, known as "stable angina").
Dilated cardiomyopathy as related to Chest Pain
- Heart Disease: Dilated Cardiomyopathy - MedicineNet
Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) can be inherited, but it is primarily caused by severe coronary artery disease, alcoholism, thyroid disease, diabetes, viral infections ...
- Heart Disease and Dilated Cardiomyopathy - WebMD
WebMD explains the symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment of dilated cardiomyopathy, a condition in which the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) - American Heart Association
The American Heart Association explains dilated cardiomyopathy and the potential causes of dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Idiopathic Dilated Cardiomyopathy - PTCA
Cardiomyopathy Definition. Cardiomyopathy is a chronic disease of the heart muscle (myocardium), in which the muscle is abnormally enlarged, thickened, and/or stiffened.
- Treating Heart Failure Due to Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Treating heart failure due to dilated cardiomyopathy requires the aggressive use of beta blockers, ACE inhibitors, and often diuretics.
- Cardiomyopathy - NHS Choices
Cardiomyopathy is a general term for diseases of the heart muscle, where the walls of the heart chambers have become stretched, thickened or stiff.
- Exercise in dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) - Cardiomyopathy …
Dilated cardiomyopathy is defined as a primary heart muscle disorder characterised by a dilated, poor functioning left ventricle. The main functions of the heart ...
- Questions relating to dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM ...
Professor Perry Elliott, consultant cardiologist from the Heart Hospital in London, answers questions about dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) I was diagnosed with DCM ...
- Cardiomyopathy - Texas Heart Institute Heart Information ...
Cardiomyopathy means disease of the heart muscle. As it damages the muscle tone, it reduces the heart's ability to pump blood to the rest of your body.