Anthrax is an acute disease caused by Bacillus anthracis. It affects both humans and animals and most forms of the disease are highly lethal. There are effective vaccines against anthrax, and some forms of the disease respond well to antibiotic treatment.
In medicine, chest pain is a symptom of a number of serious conditions and is generally considered a medical emergency, unless the patient is a known angina pectoris sufferer and the symptoms are familiar (appearing at exertion and resolving at rest, known as "stable angina").
Cutaneous anthrax as related to Chest Pain
- Anthrax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cutaneous anthrax, also known as Hide porter's disease, is the cutaneous (on the skin) manifestation of anthrax infection in humans. It presents as a boil-like skin ...
- Anthrax: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Anthrax is an infectious disease due to a bacterium called Bacillus anthracis. Infection in humans most often involves the skin, gastrointestinal tract, or ...
- anthrax - definition of anthrax by Medical dictionary
Anthrax Definition. Anthrax is an infection caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis that primarily affects livestock but that can occasionally spread to humans ...
- Anthrax: Get the Facts on Symptoms and Transmission
Get the facts on anthrax (caused by the bacteria Bacillus anthracis) transmission, types (cutaneous, inhalation, gastrointestinal), symptoms, treatment and prevention.
- Anthrax - Medscape Reference
Anthrax is a zoonotic infection caused by Bacillus anthracis. Most anthrax is cutaneous (95%); the remaining cases are inhalational (5%) and ...
- List of cutaneous conditions - Wikipedia, the free ...
See also: Cutaneous conditions, Category:Cutaneous conditions and ICD-10 Chapter XII: Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Anthrax Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - How common is ...
How common is anthrax? How long is the incubation period with anthrax? What kinds of diseases does anthrax cause?
- Joint pain and Skin blisters: Common Related Medical ...
WebMD Symptom Checker helps you find the most common medical conditions indicated by the symptoms Joint pain and Skin blisters and including Tennis elbow, …
- Chest Pain Treatment: First Aid Information for Chest Pain
WebMD walks you through first aid treatment of chest pain, or angina.
- Chest Pain and Vomiting : 17 Causes, Photos, & Treatments
Discover 17 causes of chest pain and vomiting including acid reflux, anxiety, gallstones, and more. View photos and learn about treatments.