Anthrax is an acute disease caused by Bacillus anthracis. It affects both humans and animals and most forms of the disease are highly lethal. There are effective vaccines against anthrax, and some forms of the disease respond well to antibiotic treatment.
Botulism (from Latin botulus, "sausage") is a rare but serious paralytic illness caused by a nerve toxin, botulin, that is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Botulin is the most potent known toxin, blocking nerve function and leading to respiratory and musculoskeletal paralysis.
Cutaneous anthrax as related to Botulism
- Anthrax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anthrax can enter the human body through the intestines (ingestion), lungs (inhalation), or skin (cutaneous) and causes distinct clinical symptoms based on its site ...
- Cutaneous Anthrax - What does Anthrax look like? Disease ...
Anthrax, Cutaneous Pictures of anthrax and disease information have been excerpted from VisualDx visual diagnostic decision support system as a public health service.
- Botulism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Botulism (Latin, botulinus) is, in humans, a rare and sometimes fatal paralytic illness. Foodborne botulism is an intoxication caused by consuming food contaminated ...
- Botulism and Bioterrorism - About.com Dermatology
Botulism is a muscle-paralyzing disease caused by a toxin made by a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum. The CDC has designated Clostridium …
- Overview of Anthrax: Anthrax: Merck Veterinary Manual
Anthrax is a zoonotic disease caused by the sporeforming bacterium Bacillus anthracis. Anthrax is most common in wild and domestic herbivores (eg, cattle, sheep ...
- Anthrax Fact Sheet - The Center for Food Security and ...
The mail-order mother of all biological weapons. Anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) GIANTmicrobes(R) Original (5-7" plush doll) $9.95
- Anthrax - Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, San ...
Anthrax (Bacillus Anthracis) What is Anthrax and How Do People Get It? Anthrax disease is a severe illness caused by bacteria named Bacillus anthracis.
- CDC | General Fact Sheets on Specific Bioterrorism Agents
Information on terrorism and public health. Provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Botulism - Botulism disease images and information ...
Botulism Pictures of botulism and disease information have been excerpted from VisualDx visual diagnostic decision support system as a public health service.