A colorectal polyp is a polyp (fleshy growth) occurring on the lining of the colon or rectum. Untreated colorectal polyps can develop into ...
Cancer of the colon or rectum is often called colorectal cancer. The colon and the rectum are part of the large intestine, which is part of the digestive system. Tumors found in the colon or rectum may be benign (noncancerous) growths of tissue (polyps) or malignant cancerous growths of tissue that may spread to other parts of the body.
Colorectal polyps as related to Colon Cancer
- Tests to Detect Colorectal Cancer and Polyps - National ...
Colorectal cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells in the colon or rectum divide uncontrollably, ultimately forming a malignant tumor. (The colon and rectum are ...
- Colorectal Cancer, Colon, or Rectum Cancer Center ...
Colorectal Cancer Overview. Colon cancer and cancer of the rectum can begin as a small polyp, detectable through regular cancer screening, such as colonoscopy.
- Colorectal Cancer—Patient Version - National Cancer Institute
Information about colon and rectal cancer treatment, prevention, genetics, causes, screening, statistics and other topics from the National Cancer Institute.
- Colon Cancer (Colorectal Cancer) - MedicineNet
Get the facts on colon cancer (colorectal cancer) symptoms, stages, treatment, screening, causes, surgery, and survival. Learn the stages of colon cancer and what …
- Colorectal (Colon) Cancer Slideshow Pictures - MedicineNet
Colorectal cancer (colon cancer) is the cause of many cancer deaths. Learn about the warning signs, symptoms, screening process, stages, and treatment related to ...
- Colorectal Cancer | Colon Cancer | Rectal Cancer | MedlinePlus
The colon and rectum are part of the large intestine. Colorectal cancer occurs when tumors form in the lining of the large intestine. It is common in both men and women.
- Colorectal Cancer - Colon Cancer, Colonoscopy, Polyps ...
The colorectal cancer mortality rate has consistently declined in recent decades due largely to enhanced accuracy of early detection techniques, such as colonoscopy.
- Colorectal cancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Colorectal cancer (CRC), also known as bowel cancer, is the development of cancer from the colon or rectum (parts of the large intestine). It is due to the abnormal ...
- What is colorectal cancer? - American Cancer Society
Colorectal cancer is a form of cancer that affects the cells of the colon or the rectum. Learn more about colorectal cancer here.
- CDC - Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
CDC promotes colorectal (colon) prevention by building partnerships, encouraging screening, supporting education and training, and conducting surveillance and research.