Carbuncle was the name given by the Spanish Conquistadors to a mysterious creature around the 16th Century.
An enclosed collection of pus in tissues, organs, or confined spaces in the body. An abscess is a sign of infection and is usually swollen and inflamed.
Carbuncle as related to Abscess
- Carbuncle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A carbuncle is a cluster of boils, draining pus onto the skin. It is usually caused by bacterial infection, most commonly with Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus ...
- Cutaneous abscess, furuncle and carbuncle L02- >
Home > 2016/17 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue L00-L99 > Infections of the skin and subcutaneous tissue L00-L08>
- Carbuncle : MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
A carbuncle is a skin infection that often involves a group of hair follicles. The infected material forms a lump, which occurs deep in the skin and may contain pus.
- Carbuncle | definition of carbuncle by Medical dictionary
carbuncle [kahr´bung-k'l] a necrotizing infection of skin and subcutaneous tissue composed of a cluster of boils (furuncles), usually due to Staphylococcus aureus ...
- Carbuncles: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments - WebMD
Continued Symptoms of Carbuncles. The boils that collect to form carbuncles usually start as red, painful bumps. The carbuncle fills with pus and develops white or ...
- Carbuncle – Pictures, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Carbuncle - symptoms, definition, causes, treatment, images, pictures of carbuncle. They are pus-filled, painful bumps that develop beneath the skin by bacteria ...
- Abscess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An abscess (Latin: abscessus) is a collection of pus that has built up within the tissue of the body. Signs and symptoms of abscesses include redness, pain, warmth ...
- What are boils, furuncles and carbuncles ... - Medical ...
A boil is a skin abscess, a painful bump that forms under the skin, full of puss. A carbuncle is collection of boils that develop under the skin.
- Abscess - definition of abscess by The Free Dictionary
ab·scess (ăb′sĕs′) n. A localized collection of pus in part of the body, formed by tissue disintegration and surrounded by an inflamed area. intr.v. ab ...
- Pathology Outlines - Carbuncle
Also known as boils Furuncle: small abscess exuding purulent material, involving skin and subcutis in areas with hair follicles Carbuncle: aggregate of connected ...