Carbuncle was the name given by the Spanish Conquistadors to a mysterious creature around the 16th Century.
An enclosed collection of pus in tissues, organs, or confined spaces in the body. An abscess is a sign of infection and is usually swollen and inflamed.
Carbuncle as related to Abscess
- Carbuncle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A carbuncle (/ ˈ k ɑː b ʌ ŋ k əl / or / ˈ k ɑr b ʌ ŋ k əl /) is an abscess larger than a boil, usually with one or more openings draining pus onto the skin.
- What Are the Treatments for a Boil or Carbuncle? | eHow
What Are the Treatments for a Boil or Carbuncle?. Boils, or carbuncles, are infections within the skin and hair follicles that form pus-filled blisters on the surface ...
- Boil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A boil, also called a furuncle, is a deep folliculitis, infection of the hair follicle. It is most commonly caused by infection by the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus ...
- Carbuncles: When a Boil is More Than Just a Single Boil ...
Carbuncles occur when a series of boils form, meaning that the condition has advanced to a more serious and potentially dangerous condition.
- Boils and Carbuncles Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment ...
Boils and Carbuncles - an easy to understand guide covering causes, diagnosis, symptoms, treatment and prevention plus additional in depth medical information.
- Boils and carbuncles - NHS Choices
Can I catch a boil or carbuncle? Yes, you can. Unlike acne, both boils and carbuncles can spread to another part of the body or to another person.
- Carbuncle: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
A carbuncle is a skin infection that often involves a group of hair follicles. The infected material forms a lump, which occurs deep in the skin and may ...
- Boils and carbuncles Definition - Diseases and Conditions ...
Boils and carbuncles — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment, prevention of these pus-filled bumps.
- carbuncle - definition of carbuncle in the Medical ...
carbuncle /car·bun·cle/ (kahr´bung-k'l) a necrotizing infection of skin and subcutaneous tissues composed of a cluster of furuncles, usually due to Staphylococcus ...
- Difference Between Boil and Carbuncle | Difference Between
Boil vs Carbuncle If you have ever experienced a boil or a carbuncle on any part of your body, you know how painful it can be. However, there are many