Carbuncle was the name given by the Spanish Conquistadors to a mysterious creature around the 16th Century.
An enclosed collection of pus in tissues, organs, or confined spaces in the body. An abscess is a sign of infection and is usually swollen and inflamed.
Carbuncle as related to Abscess
- Carbuncles : Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments - WebMD
Carbuncles are painful clusters of boils that are contagious. Learn more from WebMD about causes, symptoms, and treatments.
- Carbuncle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Carbuncle. A carbuncle is a cluster of boils — painful, pus-filled bumps — that form a connected area of infection under the skin. Boils and carbuncles are ...
- List of cutaneous conditions - Wikipedia, the free ...
A carbuncle is a skin infection that often involves a group of hair follicles. The infected material forms a lump, which occurs deep in the skin and may contain pus.
- Symptoms and causes - Boils and carbuncles - Mayo Clinic
Carbuncles. A carbuncle is a cluster of boils that form a connected area of infection. Carbuncles often occur on the back of the neck, shoulders or thighs.
- Skin abscesses, furuncles, and carbuncles - UpToDate
Skin abscesses, furuncles, and carbuncles can develop in healthy individuals with no predisposing conditions other than skin or nasal carriage ... Carbuncle; Skin ...
- Boils, Abscesses, Carbuncles - Symptoms and Diagnosis
Complete information about Boils, Abscesses, Carbuncles, including conditions that suggest it; contributing risk factors; recommendations.
- What Is a Carbuncle? - Skin Condition - Verywell
A carbuncle is a collection of multiple infected hair follicles. It is an abscess, just like a furuncle is an abscess but a carbuncle is a …
- Skin Abscess - Family Practice Notebook
This page includes the following topics and synonyms: Skin Abscess, Furunculosis, Furuncle, Carbuncle, Skin Boil, Recurrent Skin Abscess.