avitaminosis caused by lack of thiamine (vitamin B1)
Thiamine or thiamin, also known as vitamin B, is a colorless compound with chemical formula . It is soluble in water and insoluble in alcohol. Thiamine decomposes if heated.
Beriberi as related to Thiamine
- Beriberi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Beriberi refers to a cluster of symptoms caused primarily by thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency. Beriberi has conventionally been divided into three separate entities ...
- Beriberi (Thiamine Deficiency) - Medscape Reference
Thiamine deficiency, or beriberi, refers to the lack of thiamine pyrophosphate, the active form of the vitamin known as thiamine (also spelled …
- Beriberi | definition of beriberi by Medical dictionary
Beriberi Definition Beriberi is a disease caused by a deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B1) that affects many systems of the body, including the muscles, heart, nerves ...
- Beriberi: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Eating a proper diet that is rich in thiamine and other vitamins will prevent beriberi. Nursing mothers should make sure that their diet contains all vitamins.
- Beriberi: Overview, Causes & Symptoms - Healthline
Beriberi is a term used for vitamin B1, or thiamine, deficiency. Vitamin B1 is found in foods like milk, beans, vegetables, meat, and whole grains.
- Thiamine - SlideShare
Thiamine- Chemistry, functions and deficiency- A quick review
- Thiamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thiamine, thiamin, or vitamin B 1 (/ ˈ θ aɪ. ə m ᵻ n / THY-ə-min), named as the "thio-vitamine" ("sulfur-containing vitamin") is a vitamin of the B complex.
- Thiamine Deficiency - Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
Thiamine deficiency is usually treated with thiamine supplements and by adjustments to your diet or lifestyle that will help prevent a future occurrence.
- Beriberi | Definition of Beriberi by Merriam-Webster
:a disease marked by weakness, wasting, and damage to nerves and caused by a lack of the vitamin thiamine in the diet
- Thiamine | Define Thiamine at Dictionary.com
Thiamine definition, a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS ...