An enclosed collection of pus in tissues, organs, or confined spaces in the body. An abscess is a sign of infection and is usually swollen and inflamed.
Carbuncle was the name given by the Spanish Conquistadors to a mysterious creature around the 16th Century.
Abscess as related to Carbuncle
- Carbuncle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A carbuncle is a cluster of boils, draining pus onto the skin. It is usually caused by bacterial infection, most commonly with Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus ...
- Cutaneous abscess, furuncle and carbuncle L02- >
Home > 2016 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue L00-L99 > Infections of the skin and subcutaneous tissue L00-L08>
- Abscess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An abscess (Latin: abscessus) is a collection of pus that has built up within the tissue of the body. Signs and symptoms of abscesses include redness, pain, warmth ...
- Abscess - definition of abscess by The Free Dictionary
For where his stick had struck her on the forehead there came a sore that would not be healed, and in the sore grew an abscess, and the abscess ate inwards till it ...
- Carbuncles : Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments - WebMD
Continued Symptoms of Carbuncles. The boils that collect to form carbuncles usually start as red, painful bumps. The carbuncle fills with pus and develops white or ...
- abscess Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com ...
A carbuncle is a skin infection that often involves a group of hair follicles. The infected material forms a lump, which occurs deep in the skin and may contain pus.
- Carbuncle | definition of carbuncle by Medical dictionary
carbuncle [kahr´bung-k'l] a necrotizing infection of skin and subcutaneous tissue composed of a cluster of boils (furuncles), usually due to Staphylococcus aureus ...
- Carbuncle - definition of carbuncle by The Free Dictionary
Crioni went at once to the palace, denounced the criminal, and handed over the carbuncle as evidence.