Septic arthritis is the proliferation of bacteria in joints and resultant inflammation. Bacteria are either carried by the bloodstream from an infectious focus elsewhere or are introduced by a skin lesion that penetrates the joint.
Arthritis is an illness that can cause pain and swelling in joints. Over time, the joint can become severely damaged. Joints are places where two bones meet, such as elbow or knee. Some kinds of arthritis can cause problems in other organs, such as your eyes, or in your chest. It can affect your skin, too. These problems may be caused by inflammation (in-flah-MAY-shun), a swelling that can include pain or redness. They are telling you that something is wrong. There are several kinds of a...
Septic Arthritis as related to Arthritis
- Septic arthritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Septic arthritis is the purulent invasion of a joint by an infectious agent which produces arthritis People with artificial joints are more at risk than the general ...
- Septic Arthritis : Facts on Symptoms and Treatment …
Read about septic arthritis (infectious arthritis) causes, treatment, complications, diagnosis, signs, and symptoms. Joint infection is caused by bacteria, fungi, and ...
- Septic Arthritis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
WebMD provides an overview of septic arthritis, including common symptoms, causes, risk factors, and treatments.
- Septic Arthritis Symptoms | Health | Patient.co.uk
Septic arthritis is an infection in a joint. Symptoms include pain and tenderness over a joint, pain on moving the joint, and feeling unwell.
- Septic arthritis - NHS Choices - Your health, your choices
Septic arthritis is inflammation of a joint caused by a bacterial infection. It is also known as infectious or bacterial arthritis.
- Facts About Septic Arthritis - Arthritis and Joint ...
Septic arthritis is also known as infectious arthritis. Septic arthritis is an infection in a joint.
- Septic Arthritis | Doctor | Patient.co.uk
Septic arthritis is an infection producing inflammation in a native or prosthetic joint or more than one joint. It can be acute or chronic. Prompt diagnosis and ...
- Septic Arthritis Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - What ...
What microbes cause septic arthritis? Who is at risk of developing septic arthritis?
- Septic arthritis - SlideShare - Upload, Share, and ...
Septic Arthritis Prepared by Tan Soo Siang ... Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet.
- Septic Arthritis - Diseases & Conditions - Medscape Reference
Septic Arthritis. Septic arthritis, also known as infectious arthritis, may represent a direct invasion of joint space by various microorganisms, most ...