Pharyngitis is a painful inflammation of the pharynx, and is colloquially referred to as a sore throat. Infection of the tonsils, tonsillitis (American English: tonsilitis) may occur simultaneously.
Acute HIV infection or primary HIV infection (also known as "Acute seroconversion syndrome") is the first stage of HIV infection. It occurs before the latency stage and the potential AIDS succeeding the latency stage.
Pharyngitis as related to Acute HIV infection
- Diagnosis and Management of Acute HIV Infection
Updated September 2015 Editor’s Note: In the medical literature, as in this guideline, the terms acute HIV infection and primary HIV infection both
- HIV Clinical Resource : Acute HIV Infection in Pregnancy
I. INTRODUCTION. RECOMMENDATION: Clinicians should counsel patients during pregnancy about the increased risk of transmitting HIV during acute HIV infection.
- Pharyngitis Acute - Medical Disability Guidelines
MDGuidelines is the most trusted source of disability guidelines, disability durations, and return to work information on pharyngitis acute.
- Evaluation of acute pharyngitis in adults - UpToDate
Acute pharyngitis is one of the most common conditions encountered in office practice, accounting for 12 million ambulatory visits in the United States ...
- Diagnosis and Initial Management of Acute HIV Infection ...
Recognition and diagnosis of acute human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in the primary care setting presents an opportunity for patient education and health ...
- Acute HIV infection may present in many ways – sometimes ...
The Zurich Primary HIV Infection Study is an observational study that, since January 2002, has documented symptoms and laboratory results in any patient who is ...
- Pharyngitis | definition of pharyngitis by Medical dictionary
pharyngitis [far″in-ji´tis] inflammation of the pharynx; called also sore throat. adj., adj pharyngit´ic. Acute pharyngitis usually appears suddenly and runs its ...
- Prevention of Rheumatic Fever and Diagnosis and Treatment ...
Primary prevention of acute rheumatic fever is accomplished by proper identification and adequate antibiotic treatment of group A β-hemolytic ...
- Viral Pharyngitis: Background, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology
Viral pharyngitis can be caused by numerous viruses. Acute pharyngitis is an inflammatory syndrome of the pharynx and/or tonsils caused by …