Gan Cao; Glycyrrhiza glabra; Liquorice; Spanish Licorice; Sweet Root
Pharyngitis is a painful inflammation of the pharynx, and is colloquially referred to as a sore throat. Infection of the tonsils, tonsillitis (American English: tonsilitis) may occur simultaneously.
Liquorice (Br.) or licorice (Am.) is the plant, Glycyrrhiza glabra, in the Family Fabaceae from which a sweet flavour can be extracted. The liquorice plant is a legume related to beans and peas and native to southern Europe and parts of Asia. Very little commercial liquorice is grown in North America, but wild liquorice (G. lepidota) is quite common.
Pharyngitis as related to Licorice
- Pharyngitis | University of Maryland Medical Center
Introduction. Pharyngitis is a sore throat caused by inflammation of the back of the throat. Your throat may be scratchy and swallowing can be painful.
- Pharyngitis - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment of ...
BACK TO ZIGMA SERIES. ZIGMA SERIES. PHARYNGITIS. With pharyngitis, a virus or bacterium irritates your throat, or pharynx. Both viral and bacterial forms of ...
- Pharyngitis : Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis - Healthline
Pharyngitis is inflammation of the pharynx, which is in the back of the throat. It’s most often referred to simply as “sore throat" and is very common.
- Is pharyngitis contagious? - Home-Remedies-For-You
Pharyngitis is in fact a contagious infection. It is an infection of the throat or the pharynx, and is usually caused by a bacteria or virus. Sometimes pharyngitis ...
- Database Entry: Licorice - Glycyrrhiza glabra, Licorice ...
Raintree's extensive database of over 100 important medicinal plants including Licorice - Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Pharyngitis-tonsillopharyngitis - What Is It, Symptoms ...
Pharyngitis is the swelling and inflammation of the pharynx. The pharynx is the back of the throat, including the back of the tongue. Tonsillopharyngitis is the ...
- GNC Herbal Plus® Licorice Root 450mg - gnc.com
Shop at GNC for GNC Herbal Plus® Licorice Root 450mg - GNC HERBAL PLUS STANDARDIZED
- 8 Natural Remedies for a Sore Throat - verywell.com
These herbs and home remedies may help to soothe a sore throat.. Cathy Wong A sore throat can be annoying and uncomfortable and can sometimes signal an oncoming …
- DGL Licorice - GERD - Heartburn - HealingWell.com Forum
DO NOT EAT REGULAR BLACK LICORICE......that causes high blood pressure. DGL licorice has the part that causes high blood pressure removed. Please …