Althaea officinalis; Althea; Mallards; Sweet Weed; Wymote
Pharyngitis is a painful inflammation of the pharynx, and is colloquially referred to as a sore throat. Infection of the tonsils, tonsillitis (American English: tonsilitis) may occur simultaneously.
The marshmallow is a confection that, in its modern form, consists of sugar or corn syrup, beaten egg whites, gelatin that has been pre-softened in water, gum arabic and flavorings, whipped to a spongy consistency. The traditional recipe used an extract from the mucilaginous root of the marshmallow, a shrubby herb (Althaea officinalis), instead of gelatin; the mucilage performed as a cough suppressant.
Pharyngitis as related to Marshmallow
- Pharyngitis : Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis - Healthline
Pharyngitis is inflammation of the pharynx, ... marshmallow root; sage; slippery elm; Medical Treatment. In some cases, medical treatment is necessary for pharyngitis.
- Marshmallows (and other at-home remedies) to soothe sore ...
9. Marshmallow Root Marshmallow root has been used traditionally to treat a sore throat as well as other symptoms of pharyngitis. Its mucilage coats and soothes the ...
- Marshmallow - Walmart.com
The marshmallow plant thrives in wet areas and grows primarily in marshes. ... temporary relief of sore throat pain in people with acute pharyngitis. Learn More ...
- 8 Natural Remedies for a Sore Throat - verywell.com
... Kehrl W. Efficacy and tolerability of a spray with Salvia officinalis in the treatment of acute pharyngitis ... Marshmallow should not be taken by pregnant or ...
- Marshmallow - Group Health Cooperative
Describes uses for the nutritional supplement Marshmallow, side effects it may have, and interactions with foods, medications, or other supplements.
- Pharyngitis - Penn State Hershey Medical Center
Pharyngitis is a sore throat caused by inflammation of the back of the throat. Your throat may be scratchy and swallowing can be painful. ... Marshmallow (Althea ...
- Marshmallow Root Uses | LIVESTRONG.COM
Marshmallow Root Uses ... Marshmallow root, ... known as Throat Coat that contains marshmallow root is effective in relieving acute pharyngitis or â€¦
- Marshmallow | University of Michigan Health System
The marshmallow plant thrives in wet areas and grows primarily in marshes. ... temporary relief of sore throat pain in people with acute pharyngitis.
- Pharyngitis | University of Maryland Medical Center
Introduction. Pharyngitis is a sore throat caused by inflammation of the back of the throat. Your throat may be scratchy and swallowing can be painful.