In medicine (endocrinology), hyperparathyroidism is overactivity of the parathyroid glands and excess production of parathyroid hormone (PTH). Consequences are weakness of bone tissue (predisposing for fracture) and hypercalcemia (high calcium levels).
A mineral found in teeth, bones, and other body tissues.
Hyperparathyroidism as related to Calcium
- Hyperparathyroidism: High Calcium Caused by Parathyroid ...
Hyperparathyroidism makes people miserable, causing fatigue, osteoporosis, heart problems, and even cancer. Learn about parathyroid disease from experts.
- Hyperparathyroidism - Wikipedia
Hyperparathyroidism is an increased parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels in the blood. This occurs either from the parathyroid glands inappropriately making too much PTH ...
- Hyperparathyroidism : Get Information About Symptoms
Learn about hyperparathyroidism, a parathyroid disorder. Symptoms include depression, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, and more. Diagnosis and ...
- Hyperparathyroidism: How to Diagnose Hyperparathyroidism.
Advanced diagnosis of hyperparathyroidism taught by world experts. Explains high calcium, low vitamin D, and parathyroid hormone with multiple graphs.
- Hyperparathyroidism, but "normal" calcium levels?
After lots of research, my wife and I believe that she has hyperparathyroidism... we have read Dr. Norman's website parathyroid.com and after learning about it, we ...
- Hyperparathyroidism | University of Maryland Medical Center
Introduction. Hyperparathyroidism is a condition in which the parathyroid glands, located in the neck, secrete too much parathyroid hormone (PTH).
- Kidney Failure Due to Hyperparathyroidism and High Blood ...
Kidney failure can be caused by hyperparathyroidism and un-treated high blood calcium. Kidney failure and kidney stones can both caused by high calcium.
- Hyperparathyroidism: Overview, Anatomy and Embryology ...
Through their secretion of parathyroid hormone (PTH), the parathyroid glands are primarily responsible for maintaining extracellular calcium concentrations.
- The calcimimetic cinacalcet normalizes serum calcium in ...
Primary Hyperparathyroidism. You might not need treatment if your kidneys are working fine, if your calcium levels are only slightly high, or if your bone density is ...