Peptic Ulcer Disease; Peptic Ulcers
Zantac; Zantac 75
Peptic ulcer is a non-malignant ulcer of the stomach (called gastric ulcer) or duodenum (called duodenal ulcer). By far most instances are now known to be due to Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that lives in the acid environment of the stomach. These ulcers can also be caused or worsened by drugs such as Aspirin and other NSAIDs.
Ranitidine is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits stomach acid production, and commonly used in the treatment of peptic ulcer disease (PUD) and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is currently marketed by GlaxoSmithKline under the trade name Zantac.
Peptic Ulcer as related to Ranitidine
- Peptic Ulcer Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Causes ...
Peptic Ulcer information including symptoms, diagnosis, misdiagnosis, treatment, causes, patient stories, videos, forums, prevention, and prognosis.
- Peptic ulcer | University of Maryland Medical Center
Peptic ulcers, open sores in the lining of the stomach, esophagus, or duodenum (the first part of the intestine), are common. Contrary to popular belief, ulcers are ...
- Peptic ulcer - TheFreeDictionary Medical Dictionary
peptic [pep´tik] 1. pertaining to pepsin. 2. pertaining to digestion by or other action of gastric juices. peptic ulcer a loss of tissues lining the lower esophagus ...
- Peptic Ulcer Medications - Peptic Ulcer Health Information ...
Overview. An â€œulcerâ€ is an open sore. The word â€œpepticâ€ means that the cause of the problem is due to acid. Most of the time when a gastroenterologist is ...
- Peptic ulcer - SlideShare
peptic ulcer 1. peptic ulcerpeptic ulcer sara sadafsara sadaf 2. contentscontents â€«Ùâ€¬definition and descriptiondefinition and ...
- Peptic ulcer treatment - SlideShare
1. Pharmacotherapy of Peptic ulcer 2. Objectives Regulation of Gastric acid secretion Classification of drugs used in peptic ulcer Mechanism of action ...
- Peptic Ulcer Disease - American Family Physician
Peptic ulcer disease is a problem of the gastrointestinal tract characterized by mucosal damage secondary to pepsin and gastric acid secretion.
- Overview of Peptic Ulcer Disease - Medscape
Overview of Peptic Ulcer Disease. Goldie L. Peters, PharmD; Jennifer L. Rosselli, PharmD, BCPS; Jessica L. Kerr, PharmD, CDE | Disclosures. US Pharmacist
- Stomach Ulcer (Peptic Ulcer): Check Your Symptoms and Signs
Peptic ulcer disease is characterized by sores, or ulcerations, in the lining tissues of the stomach or the duodenum, the first portion of the small intestine. Peptic ...