Peptic Ulcer Disease; Peptic Ulcers
Peptic ulcer is a non-malignant ulcer of the stomach (called gastric ulcer) or duodenum (called duodenal ulcer). By far most instances are now known to be due to Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that lives in the acid environment of the stomach. These ulcers can also be caused or worsened by drugs such as Aspirin and other NSAIDs.
Protonix is used for:
§ the short-term (up to 8 weeks) healing of a gradual breakdown (erosion) or sore (ulceration) in the esophagus which may be caused by the backward flow of gastric acid from the stomach into the esophagus (gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD). For people who have not healed after 8 weeks of treatment, an additional 8 week course of Protonix may be considered. ...
Peptic Ulcer as related to Pantoprazole
- Peptic ulcer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peptic ulcer disease (PUD), also known as a peptic ulcer or stomach ulcer, is a break in the lining of the stomach, first part of the small intestine, or occasionally ...
- Pantoprazole for the Treatment of Peptic Ulcer Bleeding ...
Pantoprazole for the Treatment of Peptic Ulcer Bleeding and Prevention of Rebleeding
- Peptic Ulcer Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Causes ...
Peptic Ulcer information including symptoms, diagnosis, misdiagnosis, treatment, causes, patient stories, videos, forums, prevention, and prognosis.
- Peptic ulcer | University of Maryland Medical Center
Peptic ulcers, open sores in the lining of the stomach, esophagus, or duodenum (the first part of the intestine), are common. Contrary to popular belief, ulcers are ...
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (Stomach Ulcers) Cause, Symptoms ...
Peptic ulcer disease refers to painful sores or ulcers in the lining of the stomach or first part of the small intestine, called the duodenum. What Causes Ulcers?
- Peptic Ulcer Disease | ACG Patients
Overview. An â€œulcerâ€ is an open sore. The word â€œpepticâ€ means that the cause of the problem is due to acid. Most of the time when a gastroenterologist is ...
- Peptic Ulcer Disease - American Family Physician
Peptic ulcer disease is a problem of the gastrointestinal tract characterized by mucosal damage secondary to pepsin and gastric acid secretion.
- Peptic ulcer treatment - SlideShare
1. Pharmacotherapy of Peptic ulcer 2. Objectives Regulation of Gastric acid secretion Classification of drugs used in peptic ulcer Mechanism of action ...
- Peptic ulcer disease - SlideShare
1. Peptic ulcer disease Samir Haffar M.D. Assistant Professor of Gastroenterology 2. Functional gastric anatomy Sleisenger & Fordtranâ€™s â€¦