Peptic Ulcer Disease; Peptic Ulcers
Tagamet; Tagamet HB
Peptic ulcer is a non-malignant ulcer of the stomach (called gastric ulcer) or duodenum (called duodenal ulcer). By far most instances are now known to be due to Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that lives in the acid environment of the stomach. These ulcers can also be caused or worsened by drugs such as Aspirin and other NSAIDs.
A drug usually used to treat stomach ulcers and heartburn. It is also commonly used in a regimen to prevent allergic reactions.
Peptic Ulcer as related to Cimetidine
- Peptic ulcers | University of Maryland Medical Center
Peptic ulcers Description. An in-depth report on the causes, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of stomach and gastrointestinal (GI) ulcers. Alternative Names
- Peptic Ulcer Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - What is the ...
What is the treatment for peptic ulcers? ... Studies have shown that a protein released in the stomach called histamine stimulates gastric acid secretion.
- Stomach Ulcer (Peptic Ulcer): Check Your Symptoms …
Learn the symptoms and signs of a stomach ulcer, or peptic ulcer, and the medications used in treatment. Common symptoms and signs include upper …
- Peptic Ulcer Disease | ACG Patients
Overview. An “ulcer” is an open sore. The word “peptic” means that the cause of the problem is due to acid. Most of the time when a gastroenterologist is ...
- Peptic ulcer | University of Maryland Medical Center
Peptic ulcer Introduction. Peptic ulcers -- open sores in the lining of the stomach, esophagus, or duodenum (the first part of the intestine) -- are common.
- Timeline of peptic ulcer disease and Helicobacter pylori ...
This is a timeline of the events relating to the discovery that peptic ulcer disease is caused by H. pylori. In 2005, Barry Marshall and Robin Warren were awarded the ...
- What is a peptic ulcer? What causes peptic ulcers? …
Learn all about peptic ulcers - a hole in the lining of the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus. Read about the causes, symptoms and treatment options for peptic ulcers.
- Peptic Ulcer Disease information, treatment and relief
Peptic ulcer disease (PUD) is a very common ailment, affecting one out of eight persons in the United States. The causes of PUD have gradually become clear and with ...
- Stomach Ulcers Treatment: treatment options, insurance ...
Stomach and Peptic Ulcers Treatment: diet options, nutrition, food list, treatment options, what to expect, insurance treatments, pain relief
- Peptic Ulcer: Peptic Disorders: Merck Manual Home …
Learn about Peptic Ulcer symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in the Merck Manual. HCP and Vet versions too!