Peptic Ulcer Disease; Peptic Ulcers
Peptic ulcer is a non-malignant ulcer of the stomach (called gastric ulcer) or duodenum (called duodenal ulcer). By far most instances are now known to be due to Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that lives in the acid environment of the stomach. These ulcers can also be caused or worsened by drugs such as Aspirin and other NSAIDs.
An organ that is part of the digestive system. It helps in the digestion of food by mixing it with digestive juices and churning it into a thin liquid.
Peptic Ulcer as related to Stomach
- Peptic ulcer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A peptic ulcer, stomach ulcer or gastric ulcer, also known as peptic ulcer disease (PUD is a distinct breach in the mucosa of the stomach as a result of caustic ...
- Peptic Ulcer: MedlinePlus - U.S. National Library of Medicine
A peptic ulcer is a sore in the lining of your stomach or your duodenum, the first part of your small intestine. A burning stomach pain is the most common symptom.
- Peptic Ulcer Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Diet - MedicineNet
Learn about peptic ulcers, a hole in the gut lining of the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus caused by H. pylori and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ...
- Stomach and Duodenal Ulcers (Peptic Ulcers)
When the peptic ulcer is located in the stomach, it is called a gastric ulcer. When the peptic ulcer is located in the duodenum, it is called a duodenal ulcer.
- What I need to know about Peptic Ulcers - National ...
Defines peptic ulcers and discusses the symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment. Discusses risk factors and prevention methods.
- H. pylori and Peptic Ulcers - National Digestive Diseases ...
Discusses peptic ulcers and explains how H. pylori can cause them. Covers diagnosis and treatment.
- Stomach and Duodenal Ulcers (Peptic Ulcers) | CHOP | The ...
Stomach and Duodenal Ulcers (Peptic Ulcers) What is a stomach or duodenal ulcer? About 25 million Americans develop at least one ulcer during their lifetime.
- Stomach and Duodenal Ulcers (Peptic Ulcers) | Johns ...
An ulcer in the lining of the stomach or duodenum is referred to as a peptic ulcer. When the ulcer is in the stomach, it is called a gastric ulcer.
- Peptic Ulcer Disease | Diseases of the Stomach | MUSC DDC
Peptic ulcers are a break in the surface lining of the stomach. This creates an ulcer in the wall of the duodenum.
- Peptic Ulcers - eMedicineHealth
Peptic ulcers are caused by an infection with H. pylori or certain medications. Symptoms of peptic ulcer include abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite ...