Spinal stenosis is a medical condition where the spinal canal narrows and pinches the spinal cord and nerves, usually due to disc herniation or a tumour.This may affect the cervical spine, the lumbar spine or both, and results in low back pain as well as pain or abnormal sensations in the legs.
Spinal Stenosis as related to Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal stenosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spinal stenosis is an abnormal narrowing (stenosis) of the spinal canal that may occur in any of the regions of the spine. This narrowing causes a restriction to the ...
- Questions and Answers About Spinal Stenosis
This is a public information piece ... Spinal Stenosis. January 2013. Questions and Answers about Spinal Stenosis. This publication contains general information about ...
- Fast Facts About Spinal Stenosis - Arthritis ...
Spinal Stenosis. PDF Version Size: 172 KB; Audio Version Time: 06:01 Size: 8.3 MB; Updated June 2009. What Is Spinal Stenosis? Fast Facts: An Easy-to-Read Series …
- Spinal cord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The human spinal cord is divided into 31 different segments. At every segment, right and left pairs of spinal nerves (mixed; sensory and motor) form.
- Spinal Stenosis - Diseases & Conditions - Medscape Reference
The pathophysiology of spinal stenosis is related to cord dysfunction elicited by a combination of mechanical compression and degenerative instability.
- Spinal Stenosis Details | Spinalstenosis.org
Spinal Stenosis. The term ‘stenosis’ means narrowing of a tubular structure in the body. Spinal stenosis, then, means narrowing is in the spinal column, which ...
- Spinal Stenosis: MedlinePlus - National Library of ...
The primary NIH organization for research on Spinal Stenosis is the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Spinal Stenosis | Lumbar Stenosis | Cervical Stenosis
Spinal stenosis is one of the most common terms used in health care related to spine conditions. Patients often turn to spine surgery centers already knowing that ...
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association
United Spinal Association and The Buoniconti Fund recently teamed up to create a national network of peer support groups called the “Spinal Network” to set higher ...
- Spinal Stenosis - Information About Spinal Stenosis
Updated December 30, 2014. Spinal stenosis is a condition that is caused by a narrowing of the space surrounding the spinal cord or the spinal nerves.