Compression of the sciatic nerve causes pain-frequently described as tingling or numbness-in the buttocks and along the nerve, often down to the leg. The pain may worsen as a result of sitting for a long period of time, climbing stairs, walking, or running.
The use of exercises and physical activities to help condition muscles and restore strength and movement. For example, physical therapy can be used to restore arm and shoulder movement and build back strength after breast cancer surgery.
Sciatica as related to Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy to Relieve Sciatica - SpineUniverse
Physical therapy for sciatica includes treatments that not only reduce sciatic pain, but also help to prepare you for active therapeutic exercises.
- Physical Therapy Exercises for Sciatica | eHow
Physical Therapy Exercises for Sciatica. The sciatic nerve is a large nerve that extends from the base of the spine, branches into two parts and runs down the rear of ...
- Spine-health - Physical Therapy and Exercise for Sciatica
Spine-Health publishes original articles written for patients by over 100 physician authors and peer-reviewed by a 17 member Medical Advisory Board.
- Physical Therapy for Sciatica - Sciatica-Pain.Org
Physical Therapy for Sciatica consists of exercises, stretches and strength training to help patient recuperate using only conservative methods of care.
- Sciatica Exercise and Physical Therapy - Sciatica Health ...
If you have sciatica and physical therapy is recommended this is what you can expect. The physical therapist should take a thorough history and examine you to make ...
- Treating Sciatica Through Physical Therapy
Sciatica, or sciatic nerve pain, can be agonizing but it is very treatable by orthopedic physicians through the use of physical therapy in addition to traditional ...
- Chiropractics Vs. Physical Therapy for Sciatica | …
Comparisons. Research directly comparing physical therapy and chiropractic in the treatment of sciatica is scarce. In a 1998 study published in the …
- Sciatica Treatment: Cure Sciatica in Just 8 Mins | Treat ...
Learn How to Cure Sciatica Naturally in Less Than 7 DAYS Completely with Unique Sciatica Treatment. No Drugs, Surgery, Physical Therapy, Exercise, or Change of Diet!
- Sciatca - Causes and Treatment of Sciatica - Physical Therapy
Sciatica results in low back pain that radiates down the leg. Learn the common causes and treatment options for sciatica.