Vocal Cord Problems
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx. It causes hoarse voice or the complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal folds (vocal cords). Laryngitis is often caused by a virus or by bacteria. Other causes include smoking, various allergies, reflux and straining the voice through singing or shouting.
Voice disorders are medical conditions affecting the production of speech. These include
Laryngitis as related to Voice Disorders
- Voice Disorders - The Voice Foundation
To learn more about the anatomy of the area that produces your voice, read Anatomy & Physiology of Voice Production.
- Voice Disorders - Greater Baltimore Medical Center ( GBMC )
Voice Disorders. The Relationship Between Your Medical Health and Your Voice. The cause of a voice disorder may be attributable to a wide range of structural, medical ...
- Voice Disorders | UC Neurosensory Disorders Center
Symptoms of a Voice Disorder Many patients suffering from a Voice Disorder experience the following symptoms: shortness of breath, chronic hoarseness or
- Laryngitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx. It causes hoarse voice or temporary complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal folds (vocal cords).
- Voice Disorders - Health Encyclopedia - University of ...
Voice Disorders What are voice disorders? You may have a voice disorder if you have a problem with pitch, volume, tone, and other qualities of your voice.
- List of voice disorders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Voice disorders are medical conditions involving abnormal pitch, loudness or quality of the sound produced by the larynx and thereby affecting speech production.
- Symptoms of Reflux Laryngitis - VOICE FOUNDATION
Common Complaints Description How Common; Hoarseness: Swelling and mucus production in the back of the voice box causes this feeling of a “lump in the throat”
- Voice Disorders - The Voice and Swallowing Center of Maine
Voice Disorders . Typically, we take our voices for granted and never give much thought to how the vocal fold (cords) produce voice. We know from our many years of ...
- Voice disorders - SlideShare
Voice disorders 1. Voice Disorders Balasubramanian Thiagarajan 2. Introduction • Normal voice is difficult to interpret ...
- Laryngitis Symptoms, Contagious Causes, and Home Remedies
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice cords in the voice box (larynx). Causes of laryngitis include upper respiratory infection or thecommon cold; overuse of the ...