Vocal Cord Problems
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx. It causes hoarse voice or the complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal folds (vocal cords). Laryngitis is often caused by a virus or by bacteria. Other causes include smoking, various allergies, reflux and straining the voice through singing or shouting.
Voice disorders are medical conditions affecting the production of speech. These include
Laryngitis as related to Voice Disorders
- Disorders that Cause Voice Problems - Larynx Disorder ...
Almost every disorder of the larynx may result in more than one symptom, and there is no single symptom associated with a specific disorder of the larynx.
- Larynx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The larynx / ˈ l æ r ɪ ŋ k s / (plural larynges ; from the Greek λάρυγξ lárynx), commonly called the voice box, is an organ in the neck of amphibians ...
- Voice Disorders: MedlinePlus - National Library of ...
Voice is the sound made by air passing from your lungs through your larynx, or voice box. In your larynx are your vocal cords, two bands of muscle that vibrate to ...
- Laryngitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx. It causes hoarse voice or temporary complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal folds (vocal cords).
- Larynx and Voice Box Videos - Allergy Ear Nose and …
Larynx and voice box videos of vocal cord cancer, polyps, nodules and paralysis - Kevin Kavanagh, Ear Nose and Throat
- Diseases of the Larynx - Texas Voice Center
The Texas Voice Center in Houston was founded in 1989 by Dr. Richard Stasney for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of voice disorders.
- Center for Voice and Swallowing Disorders
Diagnostic Testing. The Center for Voice and Swallowing Disorders provides medical services for people with voice problems and other disorders of the larynx (voice box).
- Hardin MD : Larynx Pictures / Throat Disorders Pictures
From the University of Iowa's Hardin MD, Internet sources on Larynx Pictures / Throat Disorders Pictures.
- Voice Disorders | UC Neurosensory Disorders Center
Symptoms of a Voice Disorder Many patients suffering from a Voice Disorder experience the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cronic hoarseness or
- Voice Disorders - The Voice Foundation
To learn more about the anatomy of the area that produces your voice, read Anatomy & Physiology of Voice Production.