Jock Itch; Ringworm
Scaling patches on the skin cause by fungi called dermatophytes. DermatologistRx.com has both Lamisil and Lotrimin for the topical treatment of fungi, dermatophytes and candida. Zeasorb powder can also keep the feet dry.
An infection is the detrimental colonization of a host organism by a foreign organism. An infection is, in effect, a war in which the infecting organism seeks to utilize the host/'s resources in order to multiply at the expense of the host. The infecting organism, or pathogen, interferes with the normal functioning and perhaps the survival of the host. Colloquially, a pathogen is usually considered a microscopic organism though the definition is broader, including bacteria, parasites, fungi, vir...
Tinea Infections as related to Infections
- Tinea Infections: MedlinePlus - U.S. National Library of Medicine
Tinea is the name of a group of diseases caused by a fungus. Types of tinea include ringworm, athlete's foot and jock itch. These infections are usually not serious ...
- Ringworm - Nemours: Kids Health
Can I Prevent Ringworm? The most common sources of the fungi that cause tinea infections are other people. Ringworm is contagious and is easily spread from one …
- Tinea (fungal skin infection). DermNet NZ
Tinea "Tinea" refers to a skin infection with a dermatophyte (ringworm) fungus. Depending on which part of the body is affected, it is given a specific name.
- FUNGAL SKIN INFECTIONS - Principles of Pediatric …
TINEA CAPITIS. T. Capitis is a worldwide problem fungal infection of the scalp. It is primarily a disease in young children where, males are more infected than ...
- Symptoms of a Ringworm Infection | eHow - eHow | How to …
Ringworm infection earned its name from one of its most common symptoms: an itchy, circular rash. This red rash resembles a worm coiled under the skin.
- Tinea corporis : Pictures & Images (Fungal infection - body ...
Tinea versicolor - close-up. This is a fungal infection of the skin known as tinea versicolor, and is common in adolescent and young adult males.
- Fungal Infections - Tinea Versicolor - About.com Dermatology
Tinea versicolor, also known as pityriasis versicolor, is a superficial fungal infection of the skin that is often confused with other common rashes.
- What is a fungal skin infection - Ringworm diagnosis and …
• Groin Ringworm (Tinea cruris) Often more common in young males and people involved in playing sports is an annoying infection known as jock itch.
- Tinea cruris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tinea cruris, also known as crotch itch, crotch rot, Dhobie itch, eczema marginatum gym itch jock itch, jock rot, scrot rot and ringworm of the groin is a ...
- Dermatophytosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dermatophytosis is a clinical condition caused by fungal infection of the skin in humans, pets such as cats, and domesticated animals such as sheep and cattle.