A depressive disorder is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts. It affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things. A depressive disorder is not the same as a passing blue mood. It is not a sign of personal weakness or a condition that can be willed or wished away. People with a depressive illness cannot merely "pull themselves together" and get better.
Found in some over-the-counter weight loss formulas, this extract from a West African plant seed contains a contaminant linked to a rare and potentially deadly blood disorder. It has not been proven to effectively promote weight loss.
Depression as related to 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)
- What is 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan)? | 5HTP.co
Put simply, 5-Hydroxytryptophan is an amino acid that occurs naturally in the body. 5HTP is a chemical precursor to serotonin through tryptophan.
- Tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan for depression.
5-HTP depression supplement, side effects, sleep benefit, for stress, appetite suppression, weight loss dosage
- 5-HTP for Depression - About.com Depression
5-HTP for Depression Frequently Asked Questions About 5-HTP. By Nancy Schimelpfening. Updated October 18, 2012. Reviewed by a board-certified …
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) - What Should I Know About It?
What is 5-HTP? 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a compound produced in the body from the amino acid tryptophan. It is a precursor to the neurotransmitter ...
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), also known as oxitriptan (INN), is a naturally occurring amino acid and chemical precursor as well as a metabolic intermediate in the ...
- 5HTP helps control appetite, insomnia, mood and fibromyalgia
1. What is 5-HTP? 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid that is the intermediate step between tryptophan and the important brain chemical ...
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) | University of Maryland ...
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) Overview. 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a chemical that the body makes from tryptophan (an essential amino acid, which you get from food).
- 5-HTP As an Alternative Treatment for Anxiety & Depression ...
5-HTP As an Alternative Treatment for Anxiety & Depression. Herbs can be used to treat depression. One such herb is 5-HTP. It is important to know what 5 ...
- 5-HTP, 5-HTP Depression, 5-HTP Insomnia, 5-HTP Anxiety, 5 ...
Online 5-HTP Information site: This site has been designed to offer you all the information you need on 5-Hydroxytryptophan or 5HTP / 5-HTP for short.