A depressive disorder is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts. It affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things. A depressive disorder is not the same as a passing blue mood. It is not a sign of personal weakness or a condition that can be willed or wished away. People with a depressive illness cannot merely "pull themselves together" and get better.
Depression as related to Mind-Body Medicine
- Depression, Home. Alternative therapies for depression ...
Depression. An overview of conventional and alternative remedies for the treatment of depression is provided. Description, Conventional Treatment, Common Sense Care ...
- Mind-Body Therapies for Depression - About
For many people struggling with depression, incorporating mind-body practices into depression treatment can help relieve symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Depression Medicine Types and Tips for Taking ... - WebMD
WebMD explains the different types of depression medicines and how you can most effectively treat your depression with medications and lifestyle improvements.
- Herbal medicine, herbs for depression, Depression ...
Depression. Herbal medicine, Several herbs are useful for depression.
- The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
The Center teaches scientifically-validated mind-body medicine techniques that enhance each person’s capacity for self-awareness and self-care to health ...
- Eight Natural Depression Remedies to Consider - About
Depression can also be a symptom of another condition, such as hypothyroidism or anemia. If you are currently taking medication or undergoing other treatment for ...
- Medication | Anxiety and Depression Association of America …
Medication treatment of anxiety is generally safe and effective and is often used in conjunction with therapy. Medication may be a short-term or long-term treatment ...
- Healing Depression by Taking Care of Your Mind, Body, …
If you're dealing with depression, it is possible to feel whole again. But have you have to choose to put effort into healing.
- Natural Medicines for Depression : Kitchen Table Medicine
I am very passionate about helping people with depression using naturopathic medicine. Alternative medicines, herbal medicines, nutritional therapies, diet, and ...
- Anxiety, Depression, Medication, Cognitive Therapy
A Guide to Anxiety and Depression: symptoms, treatment, and prevention. Learn about medication and cognitive therapy. Balanced and authoritative.