Hypotension; Low blood pressure (hypotension)
Within limits, the lower your blood pressure reading is, the better. In most people blood pressure isn't too low until it causes symptoms such as lightheadedness or fainting.
Arteries are muscular tubes that carry blood flow away from the heart to the tissues and organs of the body ( by contrast, veins are the return path tubes).
Low Blood Pressure as related to Arteries
- Blood Pressure : Your arteries and high blood pressure
UK Blood Pressure charity page on how high blood pressure damages your arteries and raises your heart attack risk and what you can do to lower it
- Atherosclerosis - American Heart Association
Atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries, is a condition in which plaque builds up inside the arteries. Plaque is made of cholesterol, fatty substances, cellular ...
- Low Blood Pressure Causes, Symptoms, Treatment ...
The Arterial Wall; Medications; Pregnancy; ... Which low blood pressure symptoms (dizziness, ... eMedicineHealth does not provide medical advice, ...
- Blood pressure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Learn more about the types and causes of low blood pressure, or hypotension, from the experts at WebMD.
- Heart and Artery Damage and High Blood Pressure
There are several harmful consequences for your arteries and heart because high blood pressure, also called HBP or hypertension, places a higher workload on them.
- Arterial hypotension | definition of arterial hypotension ...
Hypotension Definition Hypotension is the medical term for low blood pressure. Description The pressure of the blood in the arteries rises and falls as the heart and ...
- Severe Hypotension or Stiff Arteries May ... - Mayo Clinic
Severe Hypotension or Stiff Arteries May Cause Extremely Low Diastolic Blood Pressure May 28, 2010 Dear Mayo Clinic: What are the cause…
- Low Blood Pressure: MedlinePlus
Some people have low blood pressure (hypotension). It is only a problem if it causes dizziness, fainting, or shock. Learn about what can cause it.