Inflammation of a vein that occurs when a blood clot forms.
A pulmonary embolism (thromboembolism) occurs when a blood clot, generally a venous thrombus, becomes dislodged from its site of formation and embolizes to the arterial blood supply of one of the lungs. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, pain during breathing, and more rarely circulatory instability and death. Treatment is with anticoagulant medication, such as warfarin.
Thrombophlebitis as related to Pulmonary Embolism
- Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism
WebMD explains deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms.
- Pulmonary embolism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a blockage of the main artery of the lung or one of its branches by a substance that has travelled from elsewhere in the body through the ...
- Pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis.
Thromboembolism (Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism) - an easy to understand guide covering causes, diagnosis, symptoms, treatment and prevention …
- Prevention of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis ...
What is Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE)? Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is blood clot that usually occurs in the leg, most often on one
- National Guideline Clearinghouse | Prevention of deep vein ...
Prevention of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. ... American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Prevention of deep vein thrombosis and ...
- "Pulmonary embolism remains the most common preventable ...
Best Practices. Preventing Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism. A Practical Guide to Evaluation and Improvement. By. Frederick A. Anderson, Jr, PhD
- Pulmonary Embolism: MedlinePlus - National Library of ...
A pulmonary embolism is a sudden blockage in a lung artery. The cause is usually a blood clot in the leg called a deep vein thrombosis that breaks loose and travels ...