Amputees; Phantom Limb; Prosthetic Limbs
Artificial limbs are a type of prosthesis and are classified by the type of amputation they would replace, for example * Transtibial: Below the knee * Transfemoral: Above the knee * Transradial: The upper arm
Artificial Limbs as related to Bones, Joints and Muscles
- Artificial Limbs - TV Tropes
The Artificial Limbs trope as used in popular culture. A number of heroes and villains in video games, anime and science fiction either start off with or …
- Mind-Controlled Artificial Limbs Fusing Man and Machine ...
Mind-Controlled Artificial Limbs Fusing Man and Machine Coming Next Year
- Prostheses & Prosthetics: Artificial Limbs News & Information
Examines various types of artificial limbs called prostheses including recent research and developments in prosthetics
- Artificial organ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An artificial organ is a man-made device that is implanted or integrated into a human — interfacing with living tissue — to replace a natural organ, for the ...
- How artificial limb is made - material, manufacture ...
Artificial arms and legs, or prostheses, are intended to restore a degree of normal function to amputees. Mechanical devices that allow amputees to walk again or ...
- The Anatomy and Mechanics of the Human Hand - Orthotics
The Anatomy and Mechanics of the Human Hand Craig L Taylor, Ph.D. * Robert J. Schwarz, M.D * It is obvious to all that the human hand represents a mechanism of …
- Ligament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In anatomy, a ligament is the fibrous connective tissue that connects bones to other bones and is also known as articular ligament, articular larua, fibrous ligament ...
- Scientific Advances In Prosthetic Limbs - The Diane Rehm Show
An estimated 2 million Americans have had an arm or leg amputated from injury or illness. Many chose to wear prosthetic limbs. Ten years ago, most artificial arms and ...
- Skeletal System: Facts, Function & Diseases - Live Science
The adult human skeletal system consists of 206 bones, as well as a network of tendons, ligaments and cartilage that connects them. The skeletal system performs vital ...
- Bones Of The Female Body: Diagrams And Pictures
Fun Bone Facts. A skeleton is the framework of bones that supports the human body. It provides an anchor for the muscles and supports the skin and other organs.