Allergies; Allergy/Allergies; Anaphylaxis
An allergy is a immune malfunction whereby a person's body is hypersensitised to react immunologically to typically nonimmunogenic substances. When a person is hypersensitised these substances are known as allergens. The word allergy derives from the Greek words allos meaning "other" and ergon meaning "reaction" or "reactivity". Reactions can vary from the benign runny nose, to life-threatening anaphylactic shock and death.
Belongs to the family of drugs called steroids and is used to treat several types of cancer and other disorders. Prednisone also inhibits the body's immune response.
Allergy as related to Prednisone
- Canine Allergy & Prednisone | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ...
Canine Allergy & Prednisone. Dogs suffering from allergies can be extremely uncomfortable. Though it has side effects, prednisone is a steroid often prescribed to ...
- Prednisone dosage allergies - MedHelp - Health community ...
I was on prednisone for 3 to 5 years when allergies and asthma were out of control. When i finally started allergy injections most of the problems went away.
- Prednisone and Allergies - QualityHealth
If you suffer from asthma, you may occasionally need to take prednisone or some other type of corticosteroid to help give your airways a boost so you can breathe better.
- Prednisone for allergies - Asthma and Allergy - MedHelp
I have been on and off prednisone for over the last 3 months to due to sensitivity to dust and mold. I take either Allergra D or Zyrtec D normally, as well ...
- PREDNISONE...please respond - Allergy - MedHelp
Hello, I had an allergic reaction to an unknown substance two weeks ago, and was given a taper regime of Prednisone, after my visit to the ER.
- Dog Allergy Treatment with Prednisone - VetInfo
Dog allergy treatment options are varied and depend on the source of allergies. Prednisone is an effective corticosteroid that may be used as a short term option for ...
- Is Prednisone a good treatment for allergies? - Yahoo Answersanswers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080928142545AAZAf67
How safe is prednisone for allergy treatment? | Dogster
My Lhasa Apsos have allergies and have been tested. I tried Atopica with no luck and it was expensive. My vet said that giving my dogs predisone every
- Prednisone for Dogs | Corticosteroids for Dog Allergies ...
Prednisone for Dogs. Corticosteroids such as Prednisone are often used as dog allergy medication to relieve symptoms such as itchiness. How do these …
- Prednisone and Allergy Treatment for Dogs and Cats - Leo's ...
Hi there! If you’ve come here on Dr. Magnusson’s recommendation to learn about prednisone, you’re in the right place. Prednisone is a very powerful anti ...