Allergies; Allergy/Allergies; Anaphylaxis
An allergy is a immune malfunction whereby a person's body is hypersensitised to react immunologically to typically nonimmunogenic substances. When a person is hypersensitised these substances are known as allergens. The word allergy derives from the Greek words allos meaning "other" and ergon meaning "reaction" or "reactivity". Reactions can vary from the benign runny nose, to life-threatening anaphylactic shock and death.
Allergy as related to Corticosteriod Medications
- Drugs to Treat Allergy Symptoms - WebMD
There's a variety of drugs for allergy symptoms. Learn about each group including how they work and side effects.
- How to Select Over-the-Counter (OTC) Drugs for Allergy ...www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/otc-drugs-for-allergy.htm
Allergy and Hay Fever Medications Causes, Symptoms ...
Corticosteroid Nasal Sprays ... William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR. Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame.
- Topical corticosteroid contact allergy. DermNet NZ
Allergy to topical corticosteroids What are corticosteroids and where are they found? Corticosteroids, also referred to as steroids or cortisone, are a group of anti ...
- Allergy medications: Know your options - Mayo Clinic
Corticosteroids help prevent the release of symptom-causing chemicals during an allergic reaction. Most corticosteroid medications require a prescription.
- Steroid Allergy -- Allergy to Corticosteroids
Corticosteroids are medications used to treat a wide variety of inflammatory conditions, including allergic and autoimmune conditions. These medications ...
- Dog Skin Allergy Medication | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ...
Corticosteroids are potent anti-inflammatory drugs that treat skin allergies and several other conditions in dogs such as lupus, cancers and arthritis.
- Medication Allergy Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment ...
Medication Allergy - an easy to understand guide covering causes, diagnosis, symptoms, treatment and prevention plus additional in depth medical information.
- Prednisone and other corticosteroids: Balance the risks ...
Prednisone and other corticosteroids Weigh the benefits and risks of corticosteroids, such as prednisone, when choosing a medication. By Mayo Clinic Staff
- Allergy Medications for Breastfeeding Moms | InfantRisk Center
Medications are the mainstay of therapy in the treatment of classic allergy symptoms. These include nasal congestion, watery rhinorrhea, repetitive sneezing, and ...