Adenoids; Tonsillectomy; Tonsillitis
The tonsils are areas of lymphoid tissue on either side of the throat. An infection of the tonsils is called tonsillitis.
The complex group of organs and cells that defends the body against infections and other diseases.
Tonsils as related to Immune System
- Tonsil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tonsils are collections of lymphoid tissue facing into the aerodigestive tract. The set of lymphatic tissue known as Waldeyer's tonsillar ring includes the adenoid ...
- Immune System: MedlinePlus - National Library of …
Immune System Topics. Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome see HIV/AIDS; Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia see Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Immune system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The immune system is a system of biological structures and processes within an organism that protects against disease. To function properly, an immune system …
- Immune System Tutorial - University of Hartford
Immune System (March 2001) Introduction. Fluid Systems of the Body. The Blood System. The Lymph System. Innate Immunity. Surface Barriers or Mucosal Immunity
- What Are the Functions of the Tonsils? | eHow
Tonsils process lymphatic or lymph fluid in unison with other lymphoid tissue. Lymph fluid is circulated in the tissues of the lymphatic system.
- Immune System - The Human Body
Immune System. The immune system, which is made up of special cells, proteins, tissues, and organs, defends people against germs and microorganisms every day...
- Immune and Lymphatic Systems – Anatomy Pictures and ...
Anatomy diagrams and information about the lymphatic and immune system will help you understand human body parts like lymph nodes, and how they function.
- tonsillolith/tonsil stones??? | Student Doctor Network
WebMD Symptom Checker. Health concern on your mind? See what your medical symptoms could mean, and learn about possible conditions. Get Started