Adenoids; Tonsillectomy; Tonsillitis
The tonsils are areas of lymphoid tissue on either side of the throat. An infection of the tonsils is called tonsillitis.
The complex group of organs and cells that defends the body against infections and other diseases.
Tonsils as related to Immune System
- Tonsils, tonsillectomies, and the immune system ...
(NaturalNews) The tonsils are part of our immune system, the visible part of our lymphatic system. They provide the first line of defense for pathogens swallowed or ...
- Tonsil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tonsils are collections of lymphoid tissue facing into the aerodigestive tract. The set of lymphatic tissue known as Waldeyer's tonsillar ring includes the adenoid ...
- Immune System: MedlinePlus
URL of this page: https://medlineplus.gov/immunesystem.html. Immune System
- Immune system - RightDiagnosis.com
Immune system: The complex group of organs and cells that defends the body against infections and other diseases. Source: National Institute of Health Immune system ...
- Immune System - University of Hartford
Immune System (March 2001) Introduction. Fluid Systems of the Body. The Blood System. The Lymph System. Innate Immunity. Surface Barriers or Mucosal Immunity
- Immune system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The immune system is a host defense system comprising many biological structures and processes within an organism that protects against disease. To function properly ...
- Tonsils - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health
The tonsils are part of the body's defense system. Because of their location at the throat and palate, they have a kind of guardian function. They come into contact ...
- Tonsils and Adenoids | American Academy of Otolaryngology ...
Tonsils and adenoids are the body 's first line of defense as part of the immune system. They sample bacteria and viruses that enter the body through the mouth or ...
- What Causes Enlarged Tonsils? - Verywell
Enlarged tonsils can be caused by a number of culprits, including strep throat, common cold viruses, mono, and more. Find out what could be causing your enlarged tonsils.
- Immune and Lymphatic Systems â€“ Anatomy Pictures and ...
Anatomy diagrams and information about the lymphatic and immune system will help you understand human body parts like lymph nodes, and how they function.