Vitiligo (or leukoderma) is the patchy loss of skin pigmentation due to an auto-immune attack by the body's own immune system on skin melanocytes. It frequently begins in late adulthood, with patches of unpigmented skin appearing on extremities. The patches may grow or remain constant in size. Occasional small areas may repigment as they are recolonised by melanocytes. The population incidence is between 1% and 2%.
Vitiligo as related to Skin Pigmentation Disorders
- Vitiligo - A Skin Disorder With Pigment Loss
Vitiligo is a skin disorder in which melanocytes are destroyed. These are the skin cells which make a brown pigment called melanin that colors our skin.
- Skin Pigmentation Disorders: MedlinePlus
Pigmentation means coloring. Skin pigmentation disorders affect the color of your skin. Your skin gets its color from a pigment called melanin.
- Skin Problems & Treatments Health Center - Vitiligo ...
Learn more about vitiligo, a condition in which the skin loses its pigment and color in patches.
- Vitiligo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vitiligo / ˌ v ɪ t ɨ ˈ l aɪ ɡ oʊ / is a condition that causes depigmentation of parts of the skin. It occurs when melanocytes, the cells responsible for skin ...
- Skin Pigmentation Problems | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ...
Skin Pigmentation Problems. Most skin pigmentation problems are diagnosed as hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. Both affect melanin production, which is the ...
- Loss of Pigmentation Skin Disorders | eHow
Vitiligo is a skin disorder that involves the destruction of the skin cells that produce pigment. It results in white patches of varying sizes on the skin.
- Vitiligo Skin Disorder, Common Skin Disorder Vitiligo
Vitiligo is characterized as a chronic skin disease that causes loss of pigment in the skin. This frequent pigment loss results in irregular pale or white patches ...
- Skin Pigmentation Disorders - definition of Skin ...
Skin Pigmentation Disorders Definition. Skin pigmentation disorders are conditions that cause the skin to appear lighter or darker than normal, or blotchy and discolored.
- AntiVitiligo - A natural approach to Vitiligo Treatment & Cure
Skin White Patches . Human Skin Vitiligo is a disorder which creates depigmentation – the white skin patches emerged as a result of dying of the skin pigmentation.
- Vitiligo Causes White Skin Spots, Patches, Blotches ...
Do you notice white spots, patches or blotches of white skin after you’ve been in the sun? A discoloration sign of vitiligo, which is caused by a loss of pigment.