Hb S disease; Hemoglobin S Disease; Herrick's anemia; SCD
Sickle cell anemia is an inherited disease in which the red blood cells, normally disc-shaped, become crescent shaped. As a result, they function abnormally and cause small blood clots. These clots give rise to recurrent painful episodes called "sickle cell pain crises."
Sickle Cell Anemia as related to Genetics/Birth Defects
- Klinefelter S Syndrome Genetics Birth Defects - HealthTap
Yes: It is a defect present from birth, yes. Would i call it a birth defect, no. It is a genetically derived abnormality in the metabolism of hemoglobin that results ...
- 96.05.06: Genetics, Birth Disorders and Pregnancy
DISORDERS Spina Bifida This is a birth defect of the backbone and sometimes the spinal cord. It is one of a group of birth defects called neural tube defects.
- Patient Care | Department of Pediatrics | Columbia ...
NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital Columbia University Medical Center NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital © Columbia University College of Physicians ...
- Genetic Counseling - CentraCare Health, Central Minnesota
Genetic Counseling. Our genetic specialists provide information and support to individuals and families with genetic conditions or birth defects, or to individuals or ...
- History and Overview of Newborn Screening | National ...
Newborn Screening Introduction. Newborn screening is recognized internationally as an essential, preventive public health program for early identification of ...
- Top 5 Genetic Birth Defects Named - WebMD
Top 5 Genetic Birth Defects Named. Almost 8 Million Babies per Year Born With Genetic Birth Defects
- Newborn screening tests for your baby | March of Dimes
The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. Become inspired by stories ...
- Neonatology : Guidelines, reviews, statements ...
Birth defects. Argentina. Archivos argentinos de pediatría . RENAC: National Registry of Congenital Anomalies of Argentina  Barbados. ISRN Obstetrics and ...
- Health Information | National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Find science-based health information on symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, research, clinical trials and more from NIH, the nation’s medical research agency.