A chronic disorder marked by hardening and thickening of the skin. Scleroderma can be localized or it can affect the entire body (systemic).
Dermatomyositis is one of a group of acquired muscle diseases called inflammatory myopathies. The disease, which has a somewhat severe onset, affects both children and adults. Females are more often affected than males. Dermatomyositis is characterized by a rash accompanying, or more often, preceding muscle weakness. The rash looks like patchy, bluish-purple discolorations on the face, neck, shoulders, upper chest, elbows, knees, knuckles, and back.
Scleroderma as related to Dermatomyositis
- Rheumatology Image Bank : Dermatomyositis and Scleroderma ...
Changes of nailfold capillary patterns have been described in certain patients with systemic sclerosis, dermatomyositis, mixed connective tissue disease, and …
- Scleroderma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Classification . Scleroderma is characterized by the appearance of circumscribed or diffuse, hard, smooth, ivory-colored areas that are immobile, and which give the ...
- ANTIBIOTICS TO TREAT RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, SCLERODERMA ...
Antibiotic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, polymyositis, dermatomyositis, Reiter's Syndrome, psoriatic ...
- Research - Division of Rheumatology and Clinical ...
Research. Research Expenditures in Rheumatology; Areas of Research; Clinical Trials; Basic Research Program; Clinical Research Program; Patient Registries
- Scleroderma Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic
Scleroderma — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms and treatment of disorders that involve skin hardening.
- Dermatomyositis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dermatomyositis (DM) is a connective-tissue disease related to polymyositis (PM) that is characterized by inflammation of the muscles and the skin.
- Dermnet: Dermatology Pictures - Skin Disease Pictures
Dermnet.com and the Dermnet Skin Disease Atlas are to be used only as a reference. Dermnet does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Hardin MD : Dermatomyositis
From the University of Iowa, the *best* lists of Internet sources in Dermatomyositis.
- Medical Gallery : Pictures hosted on the Hardin MD site
From the University of Iowa's Hardin MD, Internet sources on Medical Pictures / Disease Pictures.
- Autoimmune Diseases | Boston Children's Hospital
Autoimmune diseases present a special challenge for physicians. Many of the earliest symptoms—like fever and fatigue—are nonspecific, meaning they’re found in a ...