Caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei, variety hominis, it produces intense, itchy skin rashes when the impregnated female tunnels into the stratum corneum of the skin and deposits eggs in the burrow. The larvae, which hatch in 3-10 days, move about on the skin, molt into a "nymphal" stage, and then mature into adult mites. The adult mites live 3-4 weeks in the host/'s skin.
Scabies as related to Parasitic Diseases
- CDC - Scabies - Disease - Centers for Disease Control …
Education and information about scabies signs and symptoms.
- CDC - Scabies - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Education and information about scabies, including fact sheets and information on prevention and control, epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment.
- Scabies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scabies (from Latin: scabere, "to scratch"), also known colloquially as the seven-year itch is a contagious skin infection caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei.
- What is Scabies? - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - STDs
What is Scabies? Scabies, infection with the Sarcoptes scabei mite, is not always a sexually transmitted disease. Unlike crabs, which is almost always transmitted ...
- Morgellons Disease: Mysterious Scabies And Ecto-Parasites …
Morgellon's Disease: Mysterious Ecto-Parasites. Transcript of a Four Part Series on CBS 47 Jacksonville News Original article and video interview may be found HERE
- Parasitic disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A parasitic disease is an infectious disease caused or transmitted by a parasite. Many parasites do not cause diseases. Parasitic diseases can affect practically all ...
- Scabies: Treatment and Scabies Rash Facts
Get the facts on scabies treatment, symptoms, and home remedies, and see images. The scabies mite causes an itchy skin rash. This disease is highly contagious.
- Scabies -
Scabies is a fairly common skin condition which is nonetheless often misunderstood or confused with other conditions. Quite simply, it is a rash caused when scabies ...
- Scabies - Diseases & Conditions - Medscape Reference
Scabies. Human scabies is an intensely pruritic skin infestation caused by the host-specific mite Sarcoptes scabiei var hominis.
- Scabies: MedlinePlus - National Library of Medicine ...
Scabies is an itchy skin condition caused by the microscopic mite Sarcoptes scabei. It is common all over the world, and can affect anyone. Scabies spreads quickly in ...