Caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei, variety hominis, it produces intense, itchy skin rashes when the impregnated female tunnels into the stratum corneum of the skin and deposits eggs in the burrow. The larvae, which hatch in 3-10 days, move about on the skin, molt into a "nymphal" stage, and then mature into adult mites. The adult mites live 3-4 weeks in the host/'s skin.
Scabies as related to Parasitic Diseases
- CDC - Scabies - Disease - Centers for Disease Control and ...
When a person is infested with scabies mites the first time, symptoms usually do not appear for up to two months (2-6 weeks) after being infested; however ...
- CDC - Scabies - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Education and information about scabies, including fact sheets and information on prevention and control, epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment.
- Scabies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scabies (from Latin: scabere, "to scratch"), also known colloquially as the seven-year itch is a contagious skin infection caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei.
- Scabies: An Overview - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - STDs
Warning: This Article Will Make You Itch. What is Scabies? Scabies, infection with the Sarcoptes scabei mite, is not always a sexually transmitted disease.
- Morgellons Disease: Mysterious Scabies And Ecto-Parasites ...
Morgellon's Disease: Mysterious Ecto-Parasites. Transcript of a Four Part Series on CBS 47 Jacksonville News Original article and video interview may be found HERE
- Scabies | Pets & Parasites: The Pet Owner's Parasite Resource
Sarcoptic mange, also called scabies, in dogs is caused by the Sarcoptes scabiei mite, a highly contagious skin parasite. The mites burrow into the skin and cause ...
- Parasitic disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A parasitic disease is an infectious disease caused or transmitted by a parasite. Many parasites do not cause diseases. Parasitic diseases can affect practically all ...
- Scabies: MedlinePlus - U.S. National Library of Medicine
Scabies is an itchy skin condition caused by the microscopic mite Sarcoptes scabei. It is common all over the world, and can affect anyone. Scabies spreads quickly in ...
- Scabies (Sarcoptes scabiei var - Stanford University
Scabies (Sarcoptes scabiei var. hominis) Introduction. Scabies is a contagious ectoparasite skin condition caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei var. hominis (No ...
- Sheep Diseases: Scabies | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ...
Sheep Diseases: Scabies. Sheep scab or sheep scabies, is a highly contagious skin infection caused by a mite infestation. The disease most often affects domesticated ...