Rheumatoid arthritis happens when the body's own defense system doesn't work properly. It affects joints, bones, and organs--often the hands and feet. You may feel sick or tired, and you may have a fever.
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that contributes to the maintenance of normal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the bloodstream.
Rheumatoid Arthritis as related to Vitamin D
- 8 Facts About Vitamin D and Rheumatoid Arthritis ...
A study has linked vitamin D deficiency with an increased risk for cancer and autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis MS, and lupus.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that results in a chronic, systemic inflammatory disorder that may affect many tissues and organs, but principally ...
- Vitamin D deficiency linked to rheumatoid arthritis ...
(NaturalNews) A growing body of research suggests that not only may vitamin D deficiency be a risk factor for rheumatoid arthritis, it may also make rheumatoid ...
- Strong link found between rheumatoid arthritis and vitamin ...
(NaturalNews) New evidence has emerged that vitamin D deficiency might not only be a cause of rheumatoid arthritis but also worsen the severity of the disease.
- Vitamin D May Prevent Arthritis - WebMD
New research makes the case that vitamin D helps protect older women against rheumatoid arthritis -- an autoimmune joint disorder of unknown cause.
- Vitamin D intake is inversely associated with rheumatoid ...
Vitamin D deficiency is highly prevalent in the general population including individuals with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Autocrine regulation of vitamin D modulates ...
- Vitamins for Rheumatoid Arthritis - WebMD
It can be hard to get all the vitamins and minerals you need if you have rheumatoid arthritis. A guide to common nutrient deficiencies in people with RA and how to ...
- The Role of Vitamin D in Rheumatoid Arthritis - For Dummies
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that affects the synovial joints between bones. Vitamin D intake may modulate RA, because calcitriol modulates the
- Regional differences in vitamin D deficiency and disease ...
Information on the latest vitamin D news and research. Find out more information on deficiency, supplementation, sun exposure, and how vitamin D relates to your health.