Degenerative Joint Disease; Osteoarthritis arthritis
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. This is the form that usually comes with age and most often affects the fingers, knees, and hips. Sometimes osteoarthritis follows an injury to a joint. For example, a young person might hurt his knee badly playing soccer. Then, years after the knee has apparently healed, he might get arthritis in his knee joint.
Muscle is a contractile form of tissue. It is one of the four major tissue types, the other three being epithelium, connective tissue and nervous tissue. Muscle contraction is used to move parts of the body, as well as to move substances within the body.
Osteoarthritis as related to Muscles
- Osteoarthritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Osteoarthritis (OA) also known as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease or osteoarthrosis, is a group of mechanical abnormalities involving degradation ...
- Handout on Health: Osteoarthritis - Arthritis ...
How Do You Know if You Have Osteoarthritis? Usually, osteoarthritis comes on slowly. Early in the disease, your joints may ache after physical work or exercise.
- Osteoarthritis: MedlinePlus - National Library of Medicine ...
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It causes pain, swelling, and reduced motion in your joints. It can occur in any joint, but usually it affects ...
- Hip muscle weakness in individuals with medial knee ...
Electrical muscle stimulation can improve strength and physical function in people with osteoarthritis of the knee.
- What Is Muscle Atrophy - About.com Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis patients are warned that a sedentary lifestyle could lead to muscle atrophy. What is muscle atrophy?
- Osteoarthritis: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common joint disorder, which is due to aging and wear and tear on a joint. Causes Osteoarthritis is a normal result of ...
- Osteoarthritis | UW Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Seattle
Call to Make a Clinic Appointment (206)520-5000 Toll Free (877)520-5000
- osteoarthritis - definition of osteoarthritis by the Free ...
Daniel Wallace, a leading rheumatologist, has published two new books to help patients dealing with the pain caused by fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis.
- Osteoarthritis And Hand Numbness And Muscle Spasms ...
Everything you need to know about osteoarthritis and hand numbness and muscle spasms, including the most common causes, symptoms and treatments.